You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the forums @ina4301

That’s entirely your choice and only you can make that decision.
You can keep them if you think you might want to go back to them or delete them if you don’t think you will.
We have no way to know if you might need to go back to previous versions as we don’t know your situation or temprament.

Note that if you do downgrade to an earlier version then you might not be able to load documents created/saved in later versions.

If you have the spare space then maybe keep the last two or three versions, just in case, but their possible usefulness to you cannot be guessed by anyone but you.

P.S. If you purchased from Serif then you can download many previous versions via their store.

16 minutes ago, GarryP said:

P.S. If you purchased from Serif then you can download many previous versions via their store.

If you didn’t purchase from Serif then as far as I’m aware you can only revert to an earlier version via a system backup. The Mac App Store and the Microsoft Store don’t seem to offer an option for installing older versions.

The Affinity Store versions of Designer for Mac can be found here:

https://store.serif.com/update/macos/designer/1/

Replace ‘designer’ in the URL with photo or publisher for Photo or Publisher, respectively, and replace ‘macos’ with windows if you’re using Windows instead of macOS. 

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Yes, I did purchase from Sherif.  I was asking my question because I was not sure if the updates are  fully functional standalone applications, or they were like add-ons to the core application and would not fully function if the previous versions are removed.  Thank you for your replies, now I got it. 

I'll add that if you do revert to an earlier version, you will get the Newer Version Available nag dialog when launching. I don't know if there's a way to disable this, shy of getting into the system registration. ;)

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD