You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help! Hyperlinks that are correct in Aff Pub not correct in exported PDF!

I'm new to AffPub but have been using it in the last week to create a complex 200pp report. However, report is being proof checked today and many of my hyperlinks (in the exported pdf) are not correct and are pointing to URLS above or below them in the list I have created. I went back to the original Pub file and double checked the link boxes. All looks fine. I even clicked on 'go to hyperlink target' and they go to the right URL! Something is happening in the pdf export and the links are changing?!! It's not affecting all links, but there are one or two areas of the table which are affected. Attaching a pdf of 2 spreads. Yu can see that some links are not correct - eg on right hand side of the first page - look at Landworkers Alliance and Marches Meadow Group. If you hover over the links it's wanting to take you to the one below? Curiously if you hover the cursor over the non hyperlinked text in both cases - in the cell to the right - the cursor is also picking up a link there (though I did not put one in)? This is happening sporadically throughout the table (on the next page too in some spots). I'm totally at a loss? Can anyone help? My deadline is Monday and I must get it sorted and am beginning to panic now. Thanks  Edited to say I'm using version 1.9.1.979

test for links.pdf

Edited by Sarah J

The closest I've had to this issue was with a multi-column table of contents. If I remember correctly, all the links in the 1st column wanted to go to the same place as the 1st link in the 2nd column. It happened if the last link in column 1 went to the same page as the first link in column 2. This was solved by splitting the TOC into 2 linked frames instead of a single 2-column frame.

Your issue looks different, but it may be worth messing with the frame and column setup (ex: switch from multiple columns to multiple frames), making sure none of the links break over multiple rows, remaking the links, inserting spaces (which aren't linked) before and after the links so they don't start or end a cell, etc. It's a bit of a long shot, because it looks like yours are all external links on different table rows, but if you're desperate, you could try that sort of thing.

• Staff

Hi @Sarah J,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

Unfortunately we'd need a copy of your Affinity Publisher file to investigate this further - can you please attach a copy of this file here for us?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!