You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo crashes when system has been running longer...

...but not after the system is freshly booted, even when the same apps are already running.

This started last thursday; there was no update or newly installed app. I have a Nvidia GPU and use the studio drivers. There was no update to the drivers recently.

Here is a log-dump from the last crash for Photo... This happens to Designer as well, Publisher I had not tried....

4f0c13f0-9bf3-4585-9b7e-7d681e2a4a8b.dmp

• Staff

Hi voom,

Unfortunately I can't see anything in that crash report so I will need to ask a developer if they have any ideas. 

Can you provide the following:

1. Driver version
  2. GPU model
  3. Exact Windows build
  4. How much RAM you have

Also, can you tell me if you have OpenCL enabled or disabled from Preferences > Performance.

Finally, do you do any tasks such as stacking or batch processing etc. or are you primarily just editing using the basic tools?

1. Studio 462.31

2. GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

3. 19042.928

4. 32 GB

OpenCL enabled, GPU as renderer

This happens while opening, even without any file open. The splashscreen appears, but after that it just disappears into thin air.

Now I am pretty sure that I had Davinci Resolve open, but idling. So the GPU may be where something gets into conflict. Also this happens sometimes, most of the time it doesn't (after I had this repeatedly over the course of two work days...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi voom, 

Your GPU should be fine with OpenCL but can you try disabling it to double check? It might be worth sending us the log.txt once the app starts struggling:

Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard and type %appdata% and go to Affinity\Photo\1.0\ and attach Log.txt

If it turns out that OpenCL is the issue, try installing the beta as it has had a number of performance updates since the retail was released.