You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

j3rry

• 2 weeks later...

Nice composition. Just a comment though, I find the 4 light patches in the upper section tend to draw my eye away from the main part of the composition. The similar ones in the lower portion are a more subdued tone and blend in.

Only some personal composition thoughts, feel free to ignore them.

Geoff

On 4/30/2021 at 7:25 PM, j3rry said:

Painted in Affinity Photo using my tablet

I have recently bought a graphics tablet and I am hoping to learn how to use it.

Could you add some notes about how you produced this image please?

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

19 minutes ago, William Overington said:

I have recently bought a graphics tablet and I am hoping to learn how to use it.

Could you add some notes about how you produced this image please?

William

I use at first a thin black brush and painted the square on a separate layer. On a second layer I filled the square. Later added a texture layer and blended the layer with soft light.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, iPad 8, MACOS Sonoma & iPadOS, Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

21 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Nice composition. Just a comment though, I find the 4 light patches in the upper section tend to draw my eye away from the main part of the composition. The similar ones in the lower portion are a more subdued tone and blend in.

Only some personal composition thoughts, feel free to ignore them.

Geoff

Here is a retouched version, Thanks for pointing out the spots to me.

Wolf

Abtrakter Würfel X.jpg

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, iPad 8, MACOS Sonoma & iPadOS, Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

https://www.moma.org/calendar/exhibitions/5209?installation_image_index=35

Please click on the centre of the nearby blue disc for further information.

To me, the stated dimensions do not seem to go with the image as they seem to indicate a shape more like a cuboid than a panel.

https://www.moma.org/calendar/exhibitions/5209

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.