You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashes now won't open file.

Hi,

I've been having a problem with AP crashing and now the doc isn't opening and AP crashes again. I can open other files but it means I've lost quite a lot of work.

OSX 10.15.7 / MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) /external mac keyboad, wired / Mac monitor (though I have tried it again today with just macbook not conected to anything and it's still the same).

AP 1.9.3

I was creating a TOC and editing some of the copy, a simple copy paste cmd+v then it crashed. I re-started AP and opened the auto-saved version when prompted and tried this several times and the same thing happen. I also tried removing the text and placing it into simple text doc and copying it from there, same, cmb+v, it crashed. Then, I couldn't open the AP doc as it crashed again and again. Restarted macbook but this didn't have an affect.

I can open other AP docs but not that one.

My worry is that if I do lots of work re-doing 4 hours of corrections to a 96 page magazine, then do the TOC again, the whole thing might happen again.

Thank you in advance.

Martin

M80-txt-v 2.afpub

@Cowtoon

Document is attached

Something on pages 4/5 corrupt so deleted content on those pages (an index?)

Don't have your fonts or linked images so can't tell if it's now 100% OK but you should have most of it.

M80-txt-v 2-recovered2.afpub

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thank you Carl123, that is very helpful, I was just about to re-do the work as I've tried several things.

I can open it and see that the work I'd done is OK and that the contents pages 4/5 was where the problem started. I was editing a TOC.

Thanks again,

Martin