You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey fellow affinitiers(if that is a word),

This is my first post so I hope it is put in the right place. I am not a new user to Affinity products, however, recently I came across a problem I cannot solve.

I created my designer portfolio using Affinity Publisher. The way how I input my images or files into this publisher document - I link my files from my boards or images files that are made using Affinity Designer or Photo. The problem I got is I really want to compress my file while exporting it(my PDF needs to be about 10 MB). However, when I am exporting it, the text which was created directly in Affinity Publisher using Frame Tool Text - is displaying ok, while the text which was done with the same Frame Tool Text, but in a linked file in Affinity Designer is very blurry(I attached image 1 and image 2 to show what i am talking about). I am running out of options how to cope with that - tried playing with DPI or image quality etc. but nothing worked. If anybody had the same problem and is able to help I would be very pleased! Thank you very much :)

1.png

2.png

Welcome to the Affinity forums :)

There are many things which provoke Affinity into rasterising when you might not expect it. You should provide a problematic document for inspection, otherwise there will be a bunch of guesses and counterproductive suggestions posted.

49 minutes ago, anon2 said:

Welcome to the Affinity forums :)

There are many things which provoke Affinity into rasterising when you might not expect it. You should provide a problematic document for inspection, otherwise there will be a bunch of guesses and counterproductive suggestions posted.

Hey anon2! What do you mean problematic documentation? Should I attach here an affinity publisher file?

16 minutes ago, jazlik said:

Hey anon2! What do you mean problematic documentation? Should I attach here an affinity publisher file?

Document, not documentation (autocompleted perhaps?). and yes if you have a file/document you can post  here it may help. Making sure to Embed not Link the image(s).

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.