You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer Not responding when templates folder is not mounted.

Hello,

There is a bug that causes Designer to stop responding when creating a new document with the my templates folder missing. I had added a share/nas folder to keep my templates. My Nas has died and the share folder is not available. Now when launching the new document dialogue. Designer stopped working and does not recover so I can make a new docuement. 

Is there a way to remove template folder data without navigating to the dialogue>remove folder option?

Please help me fix this. 

Environment:

macOS 11.3

Designer 1.9.3

• Staff

Hi Gitmesteak,

Unfortunately I don't have access to a NAS or network share right now to try and replicate this issue on, however I did try it with a USB stick and removed that but wasn't getting the not responding behaviour you're seeing.

However if you hold down Ctrl and then start the app up you should see a dialog box with lots of checkboxes appear. If you make sure only the first checkbox is ticked and then click 'Clear' it will clear the location of the custom template folders you've added.