You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I have recently purchase affinity photo editing software. I have tried using the trial version for few days but keep crashing despite updating my graphics drive. I figured that I would have to purchase it in order to enjoy it fully. So I did, to my surprise it still keeps crashing. I am using a pretty decent system (i7) but I can't pinpoint as to why this hassle keeps on happening. 

things I did:

updated my  graphics driver, uninstall/install the software, restarted my system, pray...

someone please send some guidance my way.. Thank you

Crashing when - with a particular file? Created in Affinity Photo or imported? Using a particular feature?

Lenovo laptop with Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home. Former user of most Serif software from PagePlus 3.0 through PagePlus X9, now enjoying Affinity Designer, Photo, and Publisher.

Ok! I hope that this helps someone. My Notebook (Lenovo W520, I7, 16GB, 1TB SSD... oldie) but works great most of time.  Had a similar problem with the software crashing as soon as I uploaded any type file (.CRA, .JPEG..) it would crash or do something similar with LIGHT***. Tried win10 updates, drivers... no success Then:

I recalled that somewhere in the computer there was a piece of software to adjust the graphic card(my card is NVIDIA). the software is NVIDIA control panel. It took few trials and works great! 

Best of luck home this helps

MG

Edited by mariog32

12 hours ago, NilsFinken said:

Crashing when - with a particular file? Created in Affinity Photo or imported? Using a particular feature?

2 minutes in with software, the newest version 1.9.3. - crashed

opened a raw file to work on with affinity photo. initial stage of editing (lighting, coloring, vibrance) -crashed

I gave up and downgraded (2steps down) to an old version, seems working well so far. Can you advise on what seems lacking on my part?

I have updated to the latest intel uhd driver, still crashing with 1.9.3 version. uninstall and install 1.9.3 version, same. any thoughts?

I had similar problems with the new version until I started to change the settings on the Graphic card. It only seems to work on "Intergrated graphics" this is a setting that I can control on my graphic card through manufacture software. There are other settings perhaps better but it only works with Intergrated graphics. You might look see if Intel driver has similar software.  Agree very irritating but I had also problems with Ad*** and their tech. support was totally useless. Again I had to solve by myself. Let me know if I can help further.

Best of luck

47 minutes ago, mariog32 said:

I had similar problems with the new version until I started to change the settings on the Graphic card. It only seems to work on "Intergrated graphics" this is a setting that I can control on my graphic card through manufacture software. There are other settings perhaps better but it only works with Intergrated graphics. You might look see if Intel driver has similar software.  Agree very irritating but I had also problems with Ad*** and their tech. support was totally useless. Again I had to solve by myself. Let me know if I can help further.

Best of luck

Appreciate you! 

Hi,

I have the same problem with AP. It keeps crashing and I don't know why. With differents files, doing different things. Sometimes when zooming in or out, sometimes when adding a brushstroke or smudging, it seems pretty random. Sometimes 3x in 5 minutes, sometimes after hours. And I'm mostly doing the same whole the time. 

I use around 3000 pixels wide canvas. Try to keep my layers below 20. But that doesn't help. 

I use 1.9.3, fully updated
I'm on a MacBook Air (10.15.17 Catalina)
Dual-Core Intel Core i5, 1,6 GHz, 8 GB

Is my laptop maybe not powerfull enough, or is it with the software?