You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pen pressure and Desktop shortcut

Hi @Gabe thanks for the answer!
this is my setting and some additional info.

Tablet Input Method : Low Precision
Pen Tablet Setting : Windows Ink Off
Controller : Pressure
if I turn on Windows Ink On in Pen Tablet setting, The pen pressure will work on any Tablet Input Method Setting but I can't right click from the pen.

Pen pressure doesn't work

1. run program from Desktop shortcut -> File -> New
  2. run program from Desktop shortcut -> File -> Open... & Open Recent

Pen pressure work :

1. run program from Desktop shortcut -> File -> New -> Save -> exit program -> run program from saved project
  2. run program from saved project
  3. run program from saved project -> File -> New
  4. run program from saved project -> File -> Open... & Open Recent

• Staff
On 4/30/2021 at 3:56 PM, Carrot said:

Pen pressure doesn't work

1. run program from Desktop shortcut -> File -> New
  2. run program from Desktop shortcut -> File -> Open... & Open Recent

What if you run the app straights from it's Designer.exe in the installation directory, rather than using a shortcut? 

Wow! it works now.
The right click still doesn't work when windows ink is on, but I don't care.
Thanks again Mr. Gabe

This is the difference between 2 shortcuts

Left : Manually created from installation directory
Right : Created from Affinity installation ( I can't recall which version )

Screenshot 2021-05-06.jpg

• Staff

That is very odd… Can you check the compatibility tab on the shortcut that does not work?

You should be able to turn Windows INK OFF if you run it from the other shortcut that works fine. Windows INK on/off does not seem to behave any different with the XP Pen Deco 3 I have here. 

I deleted it once I fixed the problem. but after I was digging at this again, I have found the run as administrator caused pen pressure and right click issues to all apps I have (AD, Krita, CSP) not the Start in: Text field.

And when I run AD normally( not run as administrator ) with Windows Ink on, I can only pen-right click inside the artboard( right click from mouse still works everywhere ).
But the other apps I can pen-right click everywhere.

• Staff

What if you change the Tablet input in Designer > Preferences > Tool to Low Precision and run the app normally (not as admin). 

5 minutes ago, Carrot said:

I have found the run as administrator caused pen pressure and right click issues to all apps I have (AD, Krita, CSP)

XP Pen tablets are known for their poor compatibility :( The worst I've seen is the XP Pen Artist 12. The pen hover detection is so bad, that when you're in close proximity (0-5mm) it randomly registers clicks/drags so it's impossible to do anything. 

Low precision with Windows Ink on right click works only in artboard( same as Preferences > Tool > Windows Ink + Windows Ink on in Pen Tablet Setting), but Low precision with Windows Ink off it works perfectly fine.

Yes :( XP pen will registers clicks when the pen tip touch anything. IIRC Wacom will only register when the pen touch the tablet.