You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher on Mac: I can´t install a new color profile

Hey there!

I want to install (for Publisher) the color profile "ISOcoated_v2_300_eci.icc", which i've downloaded from http://www.eci.org/

I am on Mac BigSur with the latest Version of Publisher.
I bought my Programs in the Affinity Store.

I tried the following steps i've found via Google or in this Forum:

After each step i restarted my mac.

Putting the ICC File to: ~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Publisher/user/
Source: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/128794-known-issue-icc-profiles-missing-from-affinity-after-updating-to-macos-big-sur/

I don´t have this specific Folder

Putting the ICC File to: ~/Library/Containers/Affinity Publisher/Data/Library/Application Support/profiles/

I don´t have this specific Folder

Putting the ICC File to: Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Recommended

I´ve done that ... but the profile doesnt show up in selectlist

Putting the ICC File to: Affinity Publisher -> "Show package contents" Contents/Resources/etc/colour/

I´ve done that ... but the profile doesnt show up in selectlist

In Affinity Photo i can import an ICC File under the "File" Menu. This works ... the profile shows up in the selectlist. But only in Photo.

What else can i do?

I look forward to your feedback!
Best wishes

I am on a Mac, but running Catalina and not Big Sur. So, I cannot say 100% that this is the correct place for the profile. But, with that caveat, copy the profile to your User Library:    ~/Library/Color Sync/Profiles/

You could also place it into your main Library:   <Your Startup Drive >/Library/Color Sync/Profiles/

When you restart Affinity Photo, you should see your color profile listed in the "Convert Format/ICC Profile…" dialog box, and it should come up in the Print Dialog if you print to a color printer and choose "Color Sync" as the method of Color Matching.

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17