You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer: PDF Export > Opacity Issues with Bleed vs. No Bleed

Hello all, 

This is my first post here. I'm in love with Affinity and their software! 

So I'm having issues exporting as PDF in Designer with some opacity changes on an image. I have attached the files to view the examples.

• On the first export I choose "File > Export > PDF for Print" and I go to "More" and add "Bleeds" and "Crop marks". I can see the house I have lowered to 18% opacity in the background behind the "exp" logo. Attached is a small section from the example and this is how it looks in Affinity Designer, no issues.

• On my second export I choose "File > Export > PDF for Print" and I DO NOT add bleeds or crop marks and suddenly the house in the background is not very visible at all behind the "exp" logo. 

Both exports are the exact same file and colour profile. I am very confused as to why the backgrounds are changing based on me either having or not having bleeds and crop marks. 

I've attached my document setup and my presets as well.

Help?

01. PDF with Bleeds and Crop Marks.png

02. PDF with No Bleeds or Crop Marks.png

03. PDF Bleeds & Crops Preset.png

04. PDF for Print Preset.png

05. Document Setup.png

Edited by JamesHawkins
clarification

Just now, kwaaui said:

Mac or Windows?

Could you attach the .afdesign project? 

Mac. But when viewing the PDF in Mac and Windows they both show the same results (one with a normal background at 18% opacity and the other with a very white background). 

UPDATE: Oddly enough this issue has resolved itself. I don't remember restarting my machine either. So bizarre.