You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashers when opening file on other computer

I have a publisher project with a lot of linked (pdf) files. Works perfectly on the computer (iMac) on which I made the project. 

The project is saved in a folder that is synced with our NAS (Synology). 

When I try to open the file on another computer, publisher crashes immediately. I tried on 2 different laptops (MacBook Air and MacBook Pro). 

When I remove the folder with all the linked files to another location, publisher opens and resource manager mentions files not found.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 10:52 AM, Pauls said:

Do you have a crrash report you could share please, Also what make/model of NAS is it ?

Where does affinity saves crash reports?

The NAS is a Synology DS418. All the included files are on the HD of every individual computer (using the NAS' cloud station). Just checked it on 3th computer (Mac pro) and it also crashes at opening the file.

Is the filepath Publisher uses an absolute filepath? 

Just did another test:

- opening the publisher file on another computer than the one I created the file on: crashes

- moving the file with all the files (pdf's, jpg's, ...) that are included in the file: publisher opens and mentions missing links resource files

- I try to relocate to one of the files (on the new location) --> publisher crashes

One more updated: I just copied the file and folder with linked files from the computer where I created the publisher project (and still am able to work on it without any problems) to a usb stick and tried to open the project from that stick on another mac.

Also crashes.

When opening the project on another computer (after removing the folder with linked files) I check the resource manager. 

The path to the missing files seems to be the absolute path of the computer I created the project on. But of course, on another computer, that file structure is different...

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-12 om 14.16.10.png

• Staff

I can actually open this file on windows and get a crash on mac (which apapears to be due to one of the embedded pdf's). I'll get this logged for further investigation.

As for linked files Publisher should look in a relative path to the afpub file (if it can).

3 minutes ago, Pauls said:

I can actually open this file on windows and get a crash on mac (which apapears to be due to one of the embedded pdf's). I'll get this logged for further investigation.

As for linked files Publisher should look in a relative path to the afpub file (if it can).

Thanks! I suppose this means there is little I can do for the moment.

Thanks for keeping me updated if you have more info!

6 minutes ago, Pauls said:

As a long shot you could try converting the embedded documents to linked ones - which doesnt look an easy task given the size of the document.
or relinking the documents manually

I can't check it now, but I thinks all files are linked, no?

Do you think you could figure out which pdf causes the crashing?