You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

False Preflight Warning of rasterised PDF Export

This is a repost, as suggested here.

I observed this on Affinity Publisher 1.9.0.932 on Windows and still on 1.9.2.1035

I have a document with several linked PDFs. When I export this document to PDF there is a preflight warning for every single linked PDF, stating:

Placed PDF Version (PDF-1.5) is not
compatible with the PDF export version. The
PDF will be rasterised on export.

The warning appears only for PDFs in "Passthrough" mode and is obviously a false alarm. The linked Sub-PDFs are not rasterised in any kind in the exported PDF.

This is not a big deal, since the result is as desired, but the warnigs are a bit distracting (especialy if you have many linked PDFs in your document).

I attached a simple document Example.afpub which contains a linked Embedded_PDF.pdf. The resulting PDF is stored in Example_exported.pdf.

On the screenshot you can see the contradictory messages:screenshot.png.448303295c0c82314a8ee761b1d00100.png.

Embedded_PDF.pdf 13.87 kB · 2 downloads Example.afpub Example_exported.pdf 42.3 kB · 2 downloads

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I’m going to echo max1josef’s complaint. The false warnings are distracting – but beyond that, they’re disconcerting. Yes, they can silenced, but wouldn’t that raise the possibility that the Preflight panel would fail to bring attention to genuine problems?

Bear in mind that I’m still evaluating whether I want to switch from Adobe products to Affinity products. I’d like to know that Publisher’s Preflight panel can be trusted.

@jcbriarIn this case, you don't have to silence the warning. You can just edit the preflight profile to set which PDF version it checks against. However, that does mean that it's only going to work out of the box for people who plan on exporting the same version as the default preflight setting.