You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export Presets

I work with personal "Export Presets" in all Affinity Applications and I don't understand, why "Bleed", "Preview", "Area", "Pages" - are not included in the saved presets.

In Publisher I need "All Pages" - but "All Spreads" ist the default option. 🤪

Please add these preferences to the saved presets and make it easier to "EDIT" presets.

Export Settings Publisher.PNG

Desktop: Windows 10 22H2 / Intel i5-9600K / 32 GB RAM / Affinity Suite V1 (work) and Affinity Suite V2 (test) for Windows

Maybe I'm wrong, but Export Preset should rather address the parameters of the export itself, ie the file format to which it is exported (compression quality, DPI, etc.). The parameters of the document, whether it should be Bleed (and how big), and whether it should also be exported, should be a matter for the Template.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

Hi PÅ¡enda, my English is not good, but I try it: These parameters are part of the export parameters. It has nothing to do with the settings of the document. The same document can be exported e.g. for different cases with or without bleed, as spreads or pages.

Desktop: Windows 10 22H2 / Intel i5-9600K / 32 GB RAM / Affinity Suite V1 (work) and Affinity Suite V2 (test) for Windows

Hit the More... button, it is obscured in your screen shot...

2035749913_ScreenShot2021-04-25at11_30_19AM.png.14dabbf16e9bdbde4d6a424af25891b2.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I think i didn’t formulate the problem in an understandable way.

All preferences behind the MORE button are saved in the preset.
My wish is: The preferences "BLEED" "AREA" and so on should be saved in the preset too. 

6 hours ago, bsx said:

My wish is: The preferences "BLEED" "AREA" and so on should be saved in the preset too. 

You will have to go to the More > Manage Presets and make a new preset,(see #1 and #2) give it a descriptive name, for example PDF (for Print) Plus Bleed Area for example. This will be available from the More section's dropdown menu of Presets. If you want to have the new preset available in the PDF section and that PDF section only then you'll need to set up the Preset in the Export Persona and then use the Hamburger Menu to create a preset.

Not sure if this is a bonus feature or a 'bug' of some sort but the user created presets are available in all of the export types. If I choose PNG and then use my To Trash preset then it is available and is still a PDF format export. (see #3)

406033847_ScreenShot2021-04-26at7_06_37AM.thumb.png.485a1f173bc543f6aa1fe81cd92a87eb.png   

1399142779_ScreenShot2021-04-26at7_19_27AM.png.2ab5eb0b7264f3734255f48fca779d6e.png

888601897_ScreenShot2021-04-26at7_08_31AM.thumb.png.244a78c3c143ea98abaa71c101b0f396.png

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

Hi Old Bruce,

thanks for your help and for the pictures.

I know the way to make a user export preset, but I never seen the "bleed" option inside of "MORE". 😵 Sorry. Now I don't understand, why are 2 Options BLEED? One outside and one inside of "MORE"?

But the other export options "outside" are never saved in the presets.

for example: When I make a booklet in PUBLISHER  (Document setup: facing pages) , the first export is for the screen: Small PDF, RGB, no bleed, Area: "All Spreads", the next export is for printing: High quality PDF, CMYK, bleed, Area: "All Pages"  . For all "MORE"-options I can create and use a user preset, but the Area is not included. In the last time I often forget the Area Section - this is a problem for the printing house. They want Pages.

the other wish: I dont understand, why I can't easily edit the saved user presets!

I honestly don't know why the Area:speads/pages isn't remembered with user presets. I think it should be, I wish it were.

48 minutes ago, bsx said:

the other wish: I dont understand, why I can't easily edit the saved user presets!

There is easy editing, but those edits are not saved, we have to 1: Edit. 2: Create a new preset, and optionally, 3: Delete the original preset.

1 hour ago, Old Bruce said:

There is easy editing, but those edits are not saved, we have to 1: Edit. 2: Create a new preset, and optionally, 3: Delete the original preset.

Where you find 1: Edit a user preset ???? If I make changes in a saved user preset, I must create a new preset (or I know the name of the old preset exactly).

grafik.png.7cce70d925d64f17c0fdd8683ea05190.png

54 minutes ago, bsx said:

Where you find 1: Edit a user preset

There isn't any button to click. Just make some changes and then choose "Create Preset". If there are no changes then there is no ability to create a preset.

15 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

There isn't any button to click.

This is my second feature wish: A button "EDIT"

We are here in the category  "Feature Requests & Suggestions" 😉

16 hours ago, bsx said:

If I make changes in a saved user preset, I must create a new preset (or I know the name of the old preset exactly).

This way is not my first choice.