You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placing Images from Photo

Created image in Designer. Duplicated vector image to a raster layer.

Opened image in Photo and added some colour.

Saved image as Affinity Photo file.

Now when I attempt to place the coloured Affinity Photo image into a Publisher doc it only shows the original (non coloured) outline image.

I'm assuming something to do with the additional layers not being imported but so far as i can see there's no options for doing anything about this. I took a look at Resource Manager and nothing obvious.

Have attempted via drag & drop to place the image and with the Place option from the menu - same result (no colour).

I can't sorry, but as described when I attempt to place an Affinity Photo file into Publisher the colour is missing. 

The file I'm attempting to place is typically:

- vector layer with curves created in Designer

- that same layer duplicated and rasterised

- then edited in Photo with colour layers in between the raster layer and the vector layer

If I drag this file into Publisher I don't get any of the colour. If I merge all the layers then I do get the colour.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sambader said:

Can't really see how I could have been any clearer as to what the steps are.

While I can somewhat "follow" the steps you're describing, I don't understand why you're going through such an overcomplicated workflow in the first place?
You could stay in Publisher all the time and optionally create everything you need in its respective Design and Photo personae without ever leaving the afpub document while keeping all its objects live and intact as is.

(As in: this is not the Adobe "ecosystem" where you would need to create separate *.ai or *.psd files to place in InDesign. Heck, been there done that for waaay too long myself… ;))

That's why you should provide some visual clues or upload example files, as to what you're actually trying to accomplish.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

I'm looking forward to getting to that place.

In the meantime 95% of my work still involves converting IDML files and it'll be a good few months before I'm likely to properly switch to Affinity.

In this particular case though I probably should start learning some new habits...