You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

So, if I understand, we can't keep the same mesh warp and everytime you click away the mesh warp resets? Is there any way to keep the same mesh warp transformation and to make edits later. 

For example I'm using the Mesh warp on an image and when I come back to it, the mesh warp resets... 

• Staff

Hi @EvGa,

19 hours ago, EvGa said:

if I understand, we can't keep the same mesh warp and everytime you click away the mesh warp resets? Is there any way to keep the same mesh warp transformation and to make edits later

Unfortunately that's correct, the Mesh Warp Tool in Affinity Photo is a destructive tool, meaning once applied you cannot return to the same Mesh Warp for editing later. Changes will be 'rasterised' with the pixel layer and there is no way to return to editing the same mesh once applied.

This is something our developers hope to improve in the future, as a non-destructive 'live' version of this tool certainly has it's benefits - however I can't provide any timescale for this at this time, my apologies!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

2 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi @EvGa,

Unfortunately that's correct, the Mesh Warp Tool in Affinity Photo is a destructive tool, meaning once applied you cannot return to the same Mesh Warp for editing later. Changes will be 'rasterised' with the pixel layer and there is no way to return to editing the same mesh once applied.

This is something our developers hope to improve in the future, as a non-destructive 'live' version of this tool certainly has it's benefits - however I can't provide any timescale for this at this time, my apologies!

This is a huge disadvantage for you when it comes to Mockups. Without non-destructive mesh, people can't use mockups in AP.

You guys need to hire some developers very soon. I saw people are asking for this feature since 2015. What are you waiting for? 

• Staff

Unfortunately I'm only part of Technical Support, so I can't comment on the hiring of developers (though there are job listings active)- nor can we provide a timescale for this feature currently, as mentioned above.

Our developers are aware that many users are awaiting this feature and we hope to implement it in the future, my apologies for any inconveniences casued in the meantime.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!