You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer: When exporting EPS, is it possible to export the text as text and not as vector graphics?

10 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Affinity Designer: When exporting EPS, is it possible to export the text as text and not as vector graphics?

No.

What is the intention behind your question? You can print to file with a Postscript driver to get something similar to EPS.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

1 hour ago, Joachim_L said:

No.

What is the intention behind your question? You can print to file with a Postscript driver to get something similar to EPS.

CorelDRAW can export EPS with text. A very practical function. I am disappointed with Affinity Designer overall. Especially because PNG export has a much worse quality than export from all other programs like Illustrator CC, CorelDRAW. I have reported this as a bug. To date, this has not been improved.

You can't embed fonts into an EPS files unless you ignore the specifications (i. e. like Corel does or Illustrator, which often embeds full own, propitiatory commands into EPS files which can't be rendered correctly by other software than Adobe's). 

EPS files are final-form print files, that don't know anything about i. e. the printer or app which they will be used for. If they have specific needs, such as patterns or fonts, they need to be added separately to the printer or app for proper rendering. 

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2021 at 10:08 AM, Joachim_L said:

No.

I have to exchange packaging and labels with Adobe Illustrator users. Unfortunately. Is Export to PDF the only way? Which PDF preset? X-4 + Nothing Rasterise + No JPG Compression + Embed Fonts?