You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The Transition Color in Color Wheel for Choose the Bleed & Margin Colors Not Smooth Gradation

The transition color in Color Wheel for choose the Bleed & Margin colors not smooth gradation transition as per screenshot below, however this phenomenon didn't occurred in select Color for the Object with Color Whee

This phenomenon found all products as well as for the Photo & Publisher for both version 1.9.2.1035 & Betta Version 1.9.4.1048

Thanks & B/regards,

Color Border.jpg

Can you please make a screen recording?

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

For the additional information, the above occurred in my Asus Laptop with detail specification:

Processor: Intel i5 8th gen 2,4Ghz,

RAM: 8Gb

Video: Nvidia Geforce MX 150

However in my old Destop it didn't occurred with Old Video Graphics: Nvidia GTX 750. 

• Staff

Hi HANDJOJO,

I don't believe this is a bug, our applications are fully colour managed so its likely your Monitor's colour profile is causing the colours to display as they are. You could try switching it to a regular sRGB profile and you should find they display a bit nicer. See the article below for instructions on how to do that. Whilst your canvas is not white, the steps given are the same to help your situation.

18 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi HANDJOJO,

I don't believe this is a bug, our applications are fully colour managed so its likely your Monitor's colour profile is causing the colours to display as they are. You could try switching it to a regular sRGB profile and you should find they display a bit nicer. See the article below for instructions on how to do that. Whilst your canvas is not white, the steps given are the same to help your situation.

Thanks Sean for your kind advice, with select Color Profile to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 now back to normal, however I got another problem that my monitor/laptop have calibrated with Spyder that they made own color profile base on the calibration, I try to delete the Spyder's profile then make a calibration again, and with color profile made by calibration the problem still occurred.... for the information the calibration result around 65% to match the sRGB and for Adobe RGB only 45%.

Please advise if there any solution to solve it, or I should still use the Color Profile made by the Calibration ?

Thanks & B/regards,

• Staff
7 hours ago, HANDJOJO said:

Thanks Sean for your kind advice, with select Color Profile to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 now back to normal, however I got another problem that my monitor/laptop have calibrated with Spyder that they made own color profile base on the calibration, I try to delete the Spyder's profile then make a calibration again, and with color profile made by calibration the problem still occurred.... for the information the calibration result around 65% to match the sRGB and for Adobe RGB only 45%.

Please advise if there any solution to solve it, or I should still use the Color Profile made by the Calibration ?

Thanks & B/regards,

Hi Handjojo,

Unfortunately I do not have any experience in using a Spyder calibration tool, so I'm not sure why its giving you those results. I would suggest contacting Spyder to see if they could shed any light on the results you're getting.

Screen calibration should always be done in neutral lighting conditions. And due to ageing, the luminosity of the backlight can decrease, which can lead to differences when calibrating. The Spyder only reads a limited area of the screen, if I know that correctly. Or does the Spyder run on the screen line by line from top to bottom?

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

Dear all, 

It could be probably came from the monitor which the monitor could not interpreted the Colour Profile made by calibration, on my Desktop It didn't any cased with the calibration. 

Yes the age of Monitor can influence the calibration therefore there are the option to calibrate every month up to six months to re-calibrate it.

Thanks anyone for your advice, so I would decide to still use the Calibrate Colour Profile. 🙏