You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DxO PureRaw - DNG - Affinity Photo

EHello,

I use DxO PureRaw to improve my RAW photos before post production in Affinity Photo. The jpeg image I get from PureRaw is ok. But the DNG is badly interpreted by Affinity Photo that transforms blank color into pink

Does somebody know how to prevent or fix it in Affinity? 

Thank you 

This usually happens when the raw file is interpreted with the incorrect sensor saturation level, resulting in areas that are clipped in one or more channels to be rendered with magenta highlights.

kirk

• Staff

Hi @Bullion,
Thanks for your report. On macOS it's possible to switch the RAW engine to Apple (Core Image RAW) which does render the image correctly (it's provided by the OS itself) however on Windows this option is not available. I've logged the issue and passed the file to the dev team.

Thread moved to the Bugs section.

• Staff

Hi @Bullion,
The Apple (Core Image RAW) engine will NOT be available on Windows. We didn't develop it, it's a feature developed and provided by Apple in their OS. We are simply using it since it's available to all software developers as part of the OS functionality. Currently there's no way around the issue until the dev team fixes how the DNG's from PureRAW are interpreted/processed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Staff

The issue "Develop Persona: issues (highlights rendering) with DNG generated by DxO PureRaw/DeepPRIME technology." (REF: AFP-4444) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1781".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.