You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't shift text in Affinity photo

Your screenshot shows what I would expect to see if you have performed a right click on the word ‘to’ in your text with the Text tool.
To move the Text Box to another position you need to switch to the Move tool and then you can drag the box to where you want it.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

16 minutes ago, markw said:

Your screenshot shows what I would expect to see if you have performed a right click on the word ‘to’ in your text.

If I’m not mistaken you get the same result on a Mac if you Control-click. You need to left-click, not right-click, if you want to drag an object or one of its adjustment handles to a new position.

How to take a screenshot on your Mac

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thank you for your hints. I tried once again, for example to drag the text more to the right, but still can't manage. I use the trackpad so it would be a one-finger-click which means a left-click but the result is strangely enough the same as if I would use 2 fingers/right-click. Do you have an idea what might be wrong???