You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Splash screen style, how to?

Hi,

I would like to know, how to design a collage like in the splash screen of Affinity Publisher. It is a kind of collage but with very smooth edges. It looks like they fade into each other.

The twitter Page is kind of the same ( see below for a screenshot). I Would like to create something similar to this style, but can't find a tutorial as I have no idea how to name this kind of art.

Snapshot_Twitter.PNG

• Staff

Hi @SpaceShark_Olafand Welcome to the Forums,

I'm not aware of tutorial that covers this exactly, but all it appears to be is layered images and textures.  Which can easily be done in Publisher using File>Place if you have a set of source images to use, you could even use the Stock panel in Publisher to find some images and layer them in this manner.  You've also got the transparency tool you can use to apply to some the images to get a faded look to them.

I'm sure if anyone else has some tips on this type of work, they will post shortly :)