You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

4-key shortcuts stopped working

toth

Not sure wether it came with the last update or later, but I cannot use 4-key combos anymore. I normally use ctr+sh+alt+S all the time to export, but now it does nothing. Checked settings>shortcuts, and it's still there. If I remove it and try to register it manually, only the 3 first keys are recognized. I have no new keyboard, software etc.

• Staff

Hi Toth,

I've just tried this on my machine set to use an English (UK) keyboard layout with a Razor Blackwidow V2 keyboard and its absolutely fine for me.

What Keyboard Language are you using in Windows, and what does your keyboard look like? Would it be possible for you to get a recording of the issue showing NirSoft's KeyboardStateView so we can see what keys are being triggered? 

I do know that some applications (including the one I use for Screen capturing) do eat up some keyboard shortcuts, so it could well be that there is something running on your machine eating up the hot key.

I've attached a video showing the behaviour I get on my machine, with KeyboardStateView visible.

• Staff
15 minutes ago, toth said:

Hi Sean,

I'm using norwegian keyboard, no change there. Here's a screenrecording where I have the onscreen keyboard up, you can see it "tilts" after ctrl+sh+alt is pressed.

Screen 04-29-2021 09-41-09.avi

As far as I'm aware what you're seeing in the on screen keyboard is normal - if it is blank it means that there is no 'hidden' character for that key combination. I've tried both my regular keyboard (although it is UK layout) with the norwegian layout applied and also the on-screen one. Using the physical keyboard allows a 4 key combination fine, using the on-screen one does briefly make the key disappear, but reappears as soon as I remove my fingers of Ctrl+Alt+Shift.

• Staff

Thanks for that - as I mentioned earlier it seems to me as though you've got another piece of software running that could be eating up that shortcut command.

For example I use Tiny Take to record screen captures and it has global hot keys to enable you to Start/Stop recording. One of those is Ctrl+D. If I have those Hot Keys the Tiny Take one is taking precedence and eating that command up before it can get to Affinity, so I cannot use Ctrl+D in Affinity, and interestingly that gives me the same behaviour you're seeing, so I would definitely take a look at what applications you have running in your system tray and try closing them.

See the attached video and the behaviour before and after enabling Hot Keys in Tiny Take. Note I had to use Alt+W as the Ctrl+D would stop the recording.