You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity 1.9.3 crash when open any photo file

3 hours ago, Gabe said:

The problem is that your internal GPU is not metal compatible, but your eGPU is. It's just not handling that situation very well. 

Hi Gabe

I can disable the HW Accel for now, .. but will the above issue be fixed eventually ?
It's unique to Affinity.    

I've already written on the forums reporting crashes in version 1.9.0. I went back to 1.8.5 (it works fine).

Now I'm trying to work on 1.9.2. Unfortunately, it crashes just as often.  I tried installing the latest drivers (NVidia) - didn't help. Switching the graphics card to Intel did not improve the situation either.  I will try the option suggested here to disable hardware acceleration. 

Edited by Photoactive

I have the same issue in Designer 1.9.2 for ios ...😒 

The only measure I took was to restart, try images from different sources - to no avail.

iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), ios 14.4.2

Edited by mbchau

• Staff

Please don't just "bump" an issue with so minimal information. Crashes are, most of the time, specific to a recipe or case. If everyone's app was crashing when opening any file, we would have thousands of reports. 

@mbchau and @Mable please create a new post using the guide at the top of this link in the correct section of the forum

6 hours ago, Gabe said:

Please don't just "bump" an issue with so minimal information. Crashes are, most of the time, specific to a recipe or case. If everyone's app was crashing when opening any file, we would have thousands of reports. 

@mbchau and @Mable please create a new post using the guide at the top of this link in the correct section of the forum

Thank you for the instruction. Done!