You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Issue with Font Size

The text above and below the image (attached) are showing they are both Times New Roman, 12pt. Clearly they are different and I don't know which one is correct and how to change the other one. I have text on previous pages that matches the text above the image so I'm assuming that's correct. How do I change the bottom text???

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 4.34.55 PM.png

For each text frame, please highlight a word and then take a screenshot of the Character panel. Post the screenshots here if you can’t see any differences between the settings.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I wonder if this is our scaled text frame issue that pops up from time to time. @nole0105 To confirm my suspicion, I suggest this test:

1. Duplicate the text frame above the image and drag it off somewhere (anywhere) just for testing purposes.
  2. Delete the text in the duplicated text frame.
  3. Copy the text from the text frame below the image.
  4. Paste it into your duplicated text frame.

Do you find that the pasted text is a different size than what you copied? If so, then that indicates the bottom text frame was scaled.

15 hours ago, nole0105 said:

How do I change the scale?

This problem happens from time to time. It is not a bug, as it is intentional that text frames can be scaled. The problem is that the frame cannot be scaled numerically (so as to be able to put it back to 100%, for example), and there is no interface to show what the current scale is. The best we can do is to start with a different frame as I recommended. As to how it happened in the first place, presumably you must have scaled the frame in error rather than resizing it by dragging on the scale handle.

Our fellow forum user @thomaso made a helpful image to explain which handle to use in this post: