You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tansparent Canvas is white in a small window - rest is black

Every time I open my documents I get a white "window" where the canvas is default color white, the rest is black. (see movie)

If I get the document to refresh the view, like moving it to an other monitor I can get it to work, but not always.

I am running the latest version for now 1.9.3 (however that information is ambiguous and given as 1.9.15 if you quick view the application) (seeimage)

Skärmavbild 2021-04-19 kl. 13.08.55.png

I can confirm this glitch. I get that graphic problem in the interaction between my Macbook Air (M1) and an external monitor. When I close the notebook after work, disconnect it from the monitor and then continue working only on the notebook, I often run into this problem. After that, the only thing that helps is to save the document and restart Afpub. So far, this has only happened in Affinity, not in Adobe CC/iWorks, etc.

I can reproduce and demonstrate the problem quite easily, as the error occurs quite often (but not always). If it helps someone troubleshooting I can also make a video.

20 minutes ago, SPaceBar said:

Thanks @sbe That would be a appreciated. I don't have an external monitor myself but can ask a colleague to try it following the videos. 👍

Nothing easier than that ;)

Perhaps interesting to know: When I connect the laptop back to the external monitor, everything is working correctly again. But if I want to work on my Laptop-Screen, I need to restart afpub.

1 hour ago, SPaceBar said:

My colleague has just tried this and was unable to reproduce it. Is there anything else other than using an external monitor that is relevant? 

The issue does not occur if I only toggle between Separated and Non-Separated Mode with remaining the document windows on the 1st monitor. It only occurs if I switch AND move the documents window to the 2nd screen + then switch back to non-separated mode.

That also means the issue occurs only for those documents which got moved to the external screen before switching back to non-separated mode. Documents which were left on the 1st screen aren't affected by the issue after switching back. So this recipe …

1. start in Non-Separated Mode
  2. activate "Separated Mode"
  3. move one document window to the 2nd screen
  4. activate "Merge Windows"
  5. deactivate "Separated Mode" (= to Non-Separated)

… does cause the issue obligatory to me + makes it most obvious because visible in all open documents.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

@SPaceBar, maybe the use of spaces and / or the setup of a main monitor influences this issue? As far I remember in macOS by default is 1 space only & the menu bar on both screens when an external monitor gets plugged. – I had changed it years ago, use spaces and have the menu bar only on the internal, the startup screen.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1