You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free Trial - 90 Days not showing

Hi there, 

I signed up for the free 90 day trial to the Affinity tools on Friday, and having opened them today it's only showing the trial as 10 days long. Can you please advise if this is accurate, or if it will give the 90 days as shown on the website? 

Many thanks, 

Laura 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, stadia60west said:

If I try the free trial, will I still get the current 50% discount and only pay the $24.99 after the 90 days?  Thanks. 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @stadia60west. :)

The two offers are completely independent. If you begin the free trial now it will last for 90 days, but there is no guarantee that there will be a discount (especially not the current 50% discount) that far into the future.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 3 months later...

Hi, I will just join in here. I have the same issue. I signed up for a 30 day trial, but after 13 days it is no longer valid. The email I got said 30 days, but there was no code in it. It is a shame as my camera only got fixed yesterday, so I haven't even had the chance to use the program even once. I struggle with programs like Photoshop and so on, and someone recommended Affinity to me and even got me the book. So I would really really like to try before I buy. I am aware of the 14-day money back thing, but I signed up for a 30 day trial and I expected to get that.

• Staff

Hi @MaybellineX,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

On 9/3/2021 at 2:26 PM, MaybellineX said:

I signed up for a 30 day trial, but after 13 days it is no longer valid. The email I got said 30 days, but there was no code in it. 

I can confirm our trial period is 10 days, and this is not provided with a code - I can see in your Affinity account this trial was downloaded on 21st August and is only a 'regular' 10 day trial. The 10 days begin on first run after installation, and unfortunately we cannot selectively reset one users trial for them, my apologies.

I'm not sure why you may have received an email stating 30 days (unless you tried to sign up for our extended trial, which is 30 days, however this is for Corporate and Education customers only, who want to trial the app on a multi-seat basis etc and therefore you will not be provided this Corp/Education trial version if you are a regular customer.

At this stage, should you still wish to trial Affinity then you can do so on a different computer that has not yet had a trial installed, or as you've mentioned you can purchase the app and test it for up to 14 days, using our money back guarantee.

I hope this clears things up!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Janelly said:

I signed up for the free trial, but only the 10 day trial was available not the 90 day trial. I checked my email and did not receive a product key for the 90 day trial. 

Any ideas what to do or who to contact?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Janelly. :)

The 90-day trial was a time-limited special offer which is no longer available. However, it should be noted that purchases from the Affinity Store are covered by a 14-day money back guarantee, effectively extending the standard trial period from 10 days to 24 days.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 3 weeks later...

I am frustrated that you have reduced the trial from 90 days to 10 days which I wasn’t expecting.

10 days is not enough time to review the product unless you are a professional or someone who doesn’t work, unfortunately I don’t fit into either category. 
I will not be purchasing the product unless I’m able to review the product. 

• Staff

Hi @DaveW42,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

13 hours ago, DaveW42 said:

I am frustrated that you have reduced the trial from 90 days to 10 days which I wasn’t expecting.

10 days is not enough time to review the product unless you are a professional or someone who doesn’t work, unfortunately I don’t fit into either category. 
I will not be purchasing the product unless I’m able to review the product. 

I can confirm that the trial for the Affinity applications has always been 10 days by default, since we started offering trials for our apps.

At the start of 'lockdown' in the UK in 2020, we decided to generously increase this time period to 90 days (to help students who had suddenly found themselves working from home, etc) and ran a 50% off sale at the time.

Unfortunately, this offer could not run indefinitely, and we eventually returned to our original trial period, and pricing - therefore we have not so much 'reduced' the trial period, we have simply reverted to the original time period allowed.

I can confirm that when purchasing the application from the Affinity Store, we provide a 14 day refund guarantee with the apps. If you combine this with the 10 day trial, you effectively have 24 days total in which to test the application to ensure it is right for you.

My apologies if you do not believe this is enough time to test our apps, but this is the only trial period we currently offer. I hope this clears things up!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!