You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Spray Painted Stencil Text Effect | Help Me Translate this into Affinity Language

I'm (foolishly) trying to reignite my interest in learning how to use Affinity, which to this point in my life, I have found inscrutable. If anyone can help me by translating the photoshop tutorial into affinity-speak, I would be super grateful. The differences in masking routines are breaking my brain.

It might help you to get some good answers if you show us what you have already achieved and explain which part(s) of the video you are having problems with.
You might be able to do what you want in a completely different way, rather than trying to map functionality between applications.
(If you expect someone to give you an Affinity-version of the whole thing then you might be waiting a good while.)

Rattled a tutorial off for you...

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Er toy brand lol! I couldn't be bothered to change it after I noticed the typo so it became a toy brand, I think it works 😏

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thank you @firstdefence for disproving @GarryP and showing that there are good people out there :).

I appreciate the easier method you're using.

I found another layer that accomplishes more or less the same thing. The difference between your method and the method represented on these youtube channels is that masking interaction with the texture kinda creates a more organic/authentic verisimilitude. I can't understand how to stack/organize AP's layers/masks to recreate what is happening here. I think it's a better outcome overall...

Below is an attempt at a portion of the Texturelabs.com tutorial using Affinity Photo.

The other portions of the video are less difficult to follow using Affinity Photo. 

https://recordit.co/IKd1T5aKsv

The next video link is how to isolate the Sprayed Text effect on an transparent background.

https://recordit.co/Cea3VUGtS4

The Live Filter > Diffuse effect can be applied again on the Sprayed Text Effect layer.