You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Images getting Reduced in Quality when copied from Affinity.

I made a thread some week ago mentioning how affinity was somehow affecting the image quality when we try to copy some data from affinity publisher->  adobe illustrator. I am still having some issues with the same problem, recently. Would it be possible for anybody to take a look? Right now i am providing dummy project files from both software along with their dimensions and dpi that i used for document creation. The very same image when copied from affinity to illustrator degrades in quality to a good degree. i am also providing with images.

• Screenshots are taken at
  1. 100% document zoom
  2. 1920x1080 @300 ppi Artboard Dimension
  3. Image resolution at 1080x1080
  4. RGB color mode
  5. No sort of manipulation done. Raw image copy affinity -> adobe

I also have a whole project i am working upon where this problem gets worse. Since we are required to sometimes hand our project files in PSD it create too many conflicts. I am currently providing here the dummy document project files so that you can check how different image is when copied directly to illustrator vs copying affinity -> adobe illustrator. i am also linking to a google drive folder :) Have a great day !

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1F4_wj9xb2IMbQr8GuzBH41CeMreY9PaZ?usp=sharing

Edit: This post has nothing to do with any previous thread, except the fact that they both have similar issue. Also please dont consider this as spamming in any sense :) i have 0 intention to spam here

2.png

3.png

affinity.afpub direct-import_illustrator-quality.ai illustrator.ai

Is this the same issue as your previous thread? (I can’t tell as you don’t say which other thread and I can’t be bothered to search for it.)
If so, you should add new information to that thread rather than opening a new one.
Multiple threads for the same issue cause extra pressure on staff (and forum users) and that leaves less time for them to work on things generally.

4 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Is this the same issue as your previous thread?

It seems to be.

4 minutes ago, GarryP said:

(I can’t tell as you don’t say which other thread and I can’t be bothered to search for it.)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

8 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Is this the same issue as your previous thread? (I can’t tell as you don’t say which other thread and I can’t be bothered to search for it.)
If so, you should add new information to that thread rather than opening a new one.
Multiple threads for the same issue cause extra pressure on staff (and forum users) and that leaves less time for them to work on things generally.

My last thread has same issue, but i was pointed out by moderator that it was due to different document resolution. I agreed upon as that was the case, but today i came across yet same issue again, with this time almost all contraints of documents equal. Hence i raised this topic again. 

Also i provided all the files this time, so it will be very easy to pinpoint what's happening here, rather than guessing :)  

Please dont consider this post as spam, the issue is same but had all legit reasons to reconsider :/

I can confirm this. I posted similar problem with Photoshop before.
It seems that only Adobe's have this problem.
It acquires an image object as a vector object(SVG/PDF contains an image).
Clipboard content has a bitmap image also but it's not used when pasting it, Adobe's prefer PDF/SVG content.

Tried on Mac also and the same result.

Pasting to Office or Corel  has very little or no quality degradation.

Free Clipboard Viewer 4 2021-04-18 at 1.41.00 PM.0.jpeg

On 4/19/2021 at 1:13 AM, ashf said:

I can confirm this. I posted similar problem with Photoshop before.
It seems that only Adobe's have this problem.
It acquires an image object as a vector object(SVG/PDF contains an image).
Clipboard content has a bitmap image also but it's not used when pasting it, Adobe's prefer PDF/SVG content.

Tried on Mac also and the same result.

Pasting to Office or Corel  has very little or no quality degradation.

Free Clipboard Viewer 4 2021-04-18 at 1.41.00 PM.0.jpeg

Thanks for the reply. completely agree. but the same is not an issue whe you use other apps. for example corel. i cannot pinpoint the real cause or what leads to it but it is definitely very frustrating. :)