You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting Text styles with Decoration to PDF (text as curves)

Hi,

I am trying to export as curves some text and part of my styles contain decoration. I have desired effect on screen and in export if I rasterize the file, but in case I try to export as curves, as I am being asked for printing purposes, the PDF shows a completely different effect. What am I doing wrong? 

Publisher window:

image.png.7acab370dcf388accf99913530e49362.png

PDF Result:

image.png.18a6e6939234a0d3d7055ea0b9f3752e.png

My export settings:

image.png.9fc82cccf6ee17ff4910a7ff06ab98d7.png

My "decoration" uses 3 elements, I use the stroke as decoration 3 with some pressure adjustments as it was the only way I could figure to get the "chipped" box effect.

image.png.789bb7cff981a17b23a329065bfd8183.png

image.png.92b536e81aeb7561619f5e363134aef1.png

image.png.9d3f4cdebf754c0b61dbd8618df9b888.png

Just as a note, if in export options I change "rasterize nothing" to "unsupported", then I achieve the result, but it's too pixelated for print.

Hope there's a workaround out there for this! Thanks

There are some unresolved problems with complex stroke "pressure" profiles, see e.g.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

By the way, to preview what will happen on export, you can always temporarily duplicate the object and convert it to curves.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

• Staff

Hi @vikingzero,

Welcome to the forums and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble!

Can you please provide a copy of your .afpub file, or at least a condensed version that includes this specific text frame & decorations shown in your screenshot so that I cna investigate this further for you?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Many thanks for your file! As Lagarto has mentioned above, this is a known issue with strokes that have an 'extreme' pressure profile applied - I've used your document to update the development log regarding this issue and we hope to have it fixed in a future update.

My apologies for any inconveniences caused in the meantime here!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)