You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Easyrider Hopper reproduction

Bencher

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

All I see are two photos of a motorcycle.
How do these have any relation to the Affinity applications

The tag is for Affinity Photo, the images would have been processed in it.

I don't see it as advertising, rather somebody showing nice photos of something they like, that has been made by a friend, that they have processed in an Affinity App.

While I’m not a fan of motorbikes I can see that they are nice photos and I don’t have a problem with that.
And I don’t have a problem with Bencher saying who built the motorbikes, as long as it doesn’t break the forum rules.
What I was trying to suggest is that we can only see the photos themselves and have no way of knowing what has been done to them.
There are no “before” images that we can use to compare, and we have no idea of what, if any, processing has been applied.
Because of that, it’s just two photos and we don’t know if they have been processed in an Affinity application or not.
If Bencher would have given us some hints as to what they did to the photos, which would justify their inclusions here, then I wouldn’t have any problems with them.
As it is, all we have is: “Here are some things built by my friend.” And that isn’t really covered by the forum section title “Share your work”.

22 minutes ago, GarryP said:

There are no “before” images that we can use to compare, and we have no idea of what, if any, processing has been applied.
Because of that, it’s just two photos and we don’t know if they have been processed in an Affinity application or not.

I see where you are coming from, however as a photographer myself I never show a before image, I don’t know many serious or professional photographers that do. I checked the image exif data and Bencher uses a Nikon D850, a pretty serious camera. It also shows the image was edited in Affinity Photo 1.8.5

I am happy to just see the finished image, I can appreciate what goes into creating them without needing a step by step commentary. Maybe that approach would help others that don’t use a camera or are new to image editing.

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

While I’m not a fan of motorbikes I can see that they are nice photos and I don’t have a problem with that.
And I don’t have a problem with Bencher saying who built the motorbikes, as long as it doesn’t break the forum rules.
What I was trying to suggest is that we can only see the photos themselves and have no way of knowing what has been done to them.
If Bencher would have given us some hints as to what they did to the photos, which would justify their inclusions here, then I wouldn’t have any problems with them.
As it is, all we have is: “Here are some things built by my friend.” And that isn’t really covered by the forum section title “Share your work”.

My generation, here in the U.S., are quite fond of these. Why? It's because of what they represent: Freedom.

It's as close as you'll ever come to flying without leaving the ground.

Loved my motorcycles, every last one -- including the one that threw me in 1978. I rolled almost 300 feet on the blacktop, but as soon as I stopped, gathered up my ride and rolled it off the highway.

As far as photos, they are art the same as vector drawing is art. Not normal to get that quality straight out of camera, it takes a bit of adjusting. As with all art, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What has been done? Perhaps the OP will grace us with his before images, maybe not. Personally, I'll just enjoy the beauty of what they shared, wishing I was a young man again and able to ride a beauty like that down the highway, on the back roads, and through the switchbacks.

Now I'm a biker, so appreciate the mind boggling expertise building one of these retro choppers from the ground up, especially an homage to one that 'starred' in a cult movie which in my opinion kicked off a continuing love affair riding these things. I mean, on an average weekend you really can't miss packs of bearded gents of a certain age hogging (...pun intended) the road growling atop a very loud 1700cc Harley or whatever, where I live.

Anyway, to my mind, a work of art is essentially in the eye of the beholder, whether created by software, hand drawn/painted/carved or indeed assembled using a spanner etc. So why can't we just acknowledge something that simply looks pretty damn cool, too a given audience, without wondering if it contravenes posting guidelines.