You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Procedural Texture

HI Guys

A number of users are patiently waiting to have the above item fixed in Version 1.9.4 or 1.9.3 a.s.a.p.

While I did not use it in 1.8 I have watched all of Dave Straker's Macro videos and would like to try them, but can't because the feature is missing controls (previously reported Bug). Why when you do an upgrade would you disable a working feature that people want.

I am not the only user patiently waiting for the developers to correct this situation and would appreciate getting some idea of when we can expect this to be fixed?

My only other ask is an improvement in the chromatic aberration and fringing  adjustments so they work more like the adobe ones as I do Large prints and this artifact is showing up wasting paper and ink.

I have reverted back to LR and PS until I see an improvement despite wanting to use Affinity.

Looking forward to these changes

Thanks,

Doug

Hi MEB

Thanks for responding.

I am patiently waiting as I now prefer AP to LR and PS in terms of workflow and features. This problem is one of two deal breakers.

The second issue I discussed with Dan (tech support) is the poor performance of chromatic aberration correction and fringing adjustments. I would like to see a major improvement in these as this is a basic adjustment that everyone talks about is easy to correct in post. Not so with AP. This is particularly evident when doing a new HDR merge as the develop module step occurs after the merge. The HDR merge exaggerates the problem guaranteeing the problem can't be fixed.

There are a number of ways this can be addressed. I use adobe bridge as my image organizer and sometimes raw processor. If I could open these raw processed images directly into Photo persona I could completely eliminate the aberrations and colour fringing there and eliminate the the problem. You could also allow us to sync image processing across multiple images in develop module before launching HDR merge function. Lastly an overall improvement, which has been requested by others that would increase the strength of this correction.

If you could also pass this on to the developers I would appreciate.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...