You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Forum Upgraded 15th April, Please report any problems here

10 hours ago, Andy05 said:

I had the same problems. But for me it's working again now, after I deactivated and activated "take me to comments I haven't read" in the forum account settings (Content View Behavior). 

Hmmm. I wasn't aware of the Content View Behavior option & when I checked it just now, it was set to "Take me to the beginning." Assuming it meant that literally, it was not doing that either. I will try changing that to "Take me to comments I haven't read" & see what happens.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Hmmm. I wasn't aware of the Content View Behavior option & when I checked it just now, it was set to "Take me to the beginning." Assuming it meant that literally, it was not doing that either. I will try changing that to "Take me to comments I haven't read" & see what happens.

Maybe it got reset for you when the forum got upgraded.

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

11 minutes ago, Andy05 said:

Maybe it got reset for you when the forum got upgraded.

Maybe so, but I am not sure if that setting should apply when clicking on the blue 'go to first unread post' button in forum topic lists.

Also, I just noticed that now this topic has 2 replies on page 5, there is once again a statistics section between our two posts, showing a 'top posters' list, a Replies count, etc. IIRC, that was not there yesterday when the topic was 4 pages long.

Either way, for me it is just more clutter that increases the amount of scrolling needed to see the actual replies.:39_angry:

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

12 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Either way, for me it is just more clutter that increases the amount of scrolling needed to see the actual replies.:39_angry:

Yes, agreed. This info is pretty pointless (who really wants to know those stats actually). At least the horizontal version is less annoying than the vertical one which completely changed the layout of the forum.

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

41 minutes ago, Andy05 said:

Yes, agreed. This info is pretty pointless (who really wants to know those stats actually). At least the horizontal version is less annoying than the vertical one which completely changed the layout of the forum.

At least to me, if they really want to include that info, I think it should be either at the top of the page, perhaps merged with the page navigation links, or better still at the very bottom of the page so it does not require scrolling past it to see the replies.

BTW, even after changing the Content View Behavior setting, I still see some topics go to the first unread post & others to some other pat of the page.

Affinity Photo 

Well, they must just have been tweaking something because while less than 15 minutes ago my custom stream was not using the full width of the browser window & now it is.

Yay! 😀

Affinity Photo 

4 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Well, they must just have been tweaking something because while less than 15 minutes ago my custom stream was not using the full width of the browser window & now it is.

Yay! 😀

It’s back to full width for me, too.

Yay, as somebody famous once said! 🤗

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

13 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Annnddd ... now it is back to partial width. :39_angry:

Affinity Photo 

1 minute ago, MEB said:

Hi @R C-R
Is it still wrong for you?

Yes, still (again) only filling part of the browser window. Also (once again) increasing the widow width does not widen the stream name section so the 'share' & 'stream options' links remain on a second line instead of being placed on the right end of the first line.

Affinity Photo 

OK, once again back to full width! 

Affinity Photo 

26 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi @R C-R, @Alfred,
Is it still wrong for you?

18 minutes ago, MEB said:

@R C-R,
Check now please...

I missed all the ‘fun’, Miguel! What did you do/undo? :/

Alfred spacer.png

Tldr; the text is a bit too small on iPhone. It's rather hard to read.  
When rotating to horizontal, the lines get longer but front size remains small. 
The text size is not adjustable via the dynamic text size adjustment which can be set in the system settings app. 

13 hours ago, Alfred said:

Hello Alfred

I have been trying to remember who that was. Can you say please?

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

15 hours ago, R C-R said:

Yay! 😀

15 hours ago, Alfred said:

1 hour ago, William Overington said:

Hello Alfred

I have been trying to remember who that was. Can you say please?

William

Really, William?? Please see the emboldened text in the requoted post from ‘somebody famous’.

Alfred spacer.png

Ah. I thought that it was someone like Clint Eastwood in a movie or something!

I have been trying to place it!

I know who said "Well!" 😀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b51SKLTZNY

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

The font size in the forum is still fixed. I do find it hard to read on my tablet. Changing the default font size in Android has no effect on the displayed text, but it dose change the font size of text I enter myself.  I would like it if the forum software had an accessibility option which allowed you to change the body text size.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• Staff
53 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

The font size in the forum is still fixed. I do find it hard to read on my tablet. Changing the default font size in Android has no effect on the displayed text, but it dose change the font size of text I enter myself.  I would like it if the forum software had an accessibility option which allowed you to change the body text size.

I cannot see any option for this in the control panel. AFAIK the only scaling is browser scaling he whole webpage, and I understand this is not what you were asking for. We could create another "theme" but I am not sure how you would opt in. If there is time I will play on another instance 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 4/15/2021 at 3:06 PM, MEB said:

Currently the external links appear underlined in black (this is a link) rather than in blue (both text and underline) which would make them much more noticeable and
distinguishable from simple underlined text.

On 4/15/2021 at 3:16 PM, Patrick Connor said:

the engineer who upgraded the forums (starting this morning at 6am) has stopped for the day, but we can ask him to change the styling on hyperlinks. I prefer something more obvious too, as they are always included for a good reason, (and it makes spam links easier to spot too)

Any chance to set the appearance (color) of links back to Blue (or any different than just underlined text) ?

If it isn't possible to customize link colour since the update: There seems to be an add-on "External Links 1.2.0" for 15 € to enable custom design of external links:

67083602_forumExternalLinks1.2.0.jpg.66056c9f0e66e62882601ef8f05fb4b8.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

thomaso,

The front page of the forums is just a page of links to all the sub forums, and when hyperlinks were changed to be more obvious, the forum becomes a sea of blue, as almost everything is a link, it was not a great look. HOWEVER having external links looking different to internal links is something that I can certainly see the benefit of, though it does not address the general visibility of 95% of all the forums (internal) links. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thanks Patrick, just in case I wasn't clear or misunderstood your response: I meant external links only + links within custom posted text only. (I assume MEB did initially, too.) In particular those can be confused with underlined text by the reader as they are not quite frequent.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Displaying unread content takes about ten seconds for me in Safari on iPad. I suspect it may have something to do with there being unread posts in many of the very large number of threads that I follow, but I hesitate to ‘Mark site read’ even though that might cure the problem.

Alfred spacer.png