You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Custom colors for Guide and Selection Box, plus more...

I have a couple feature suggestions:

1. Option to change the color of document and snapping guides via the Preferences panel.

2. Option to change the color of the selection/bounding box including nodes

3. Allow vector nodes to be aligned using the alignment buttons

Cheers

• Staff

Hi Noob,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm assuming you're talking about Affinity Designer:

1. The ability to set the colour of the guides is coming. Snapping guides are colour coded (red for horizontal guides, green for vertical, yellow for snapping nodes)

2. The colour of the bounding box is tied to the colour of the layer that contains the object selected (right-click on a layer in the Layers panel, select Properties..., then change the layer colour to see this being applied).

3. This was already requested as is coming later.

Thanks for the info MEB!

How can the bounding box color be changed in Photo? Seems to only work for Designer.

Also, I prefer a black/gray bounding box as the bright blue can be desecrating at times. Perhaps the option for monochromatic iconography also affects the bounding box color? Just a thought.

EDIT: Why is there an extra rotate handle on the top of the bounding box, when rotating can be achieved by hovering the corners? Seems redundant.

Cheers

• 2 years later...

On 16 october 2015, MEB was writing :

1. The ability to set the colour of the guides is coming.

Now we are more than 2,5 years later, using Affinity Designer 1.6.104 and I can still find no place where I can change the colors for the guides.

Also a much requested feature for placing the rulers is still missing.

Any update if this will be implemented in the near future?

Both features especially the last one, will improve Designer significantly. Like Affinity Designer and Photo very much. Nicely done!

Chris

• 2 months later...

I'm a bit confused by this instruction:

On 10/16/2015 at 10:27 PM, MEB said:

2. The colour of the bounding box is tied to the colour of the layer that contains the object selected (right-click on a layer in the Layers panel, select Properties..., then change the layer colour to see this being applied).

When I right-click on the layer in the Layers Panel, I don't et the "Properties" option. Is this a Windows vs Mac thing?

1623133429_ScreenShot2018-06-09at11_01_20AM.png.b9abf900dc077fe0dc526e3afdb2578b.png

So I have to ask the same question... how do I change the color of a bounding box? (especially that horrible pink and yellow highlights I get when working with text)

Unfortunately, this colour setting is only available for the items called “Layers” you can create by using the Add Layer button at the bottom of the layers list or by selecting Layer > New Layer. And the color is inherited by the children of such Layers. I know, in common discourse, text objects or shapes are also called “layers,” but they are not to be confounded with “Layers” in the present, more terminological sense. :)

Layers.png.cddeba00708202ba3a196af5ec5c0b97.png

9 minutes ago, A_B_C said:

I know, in common discourse, text objects or shapes are also called “layers,” but they are not to be confounded with “Layers” in the present, more terminological sense. :)

The clue is in @MEB’s words “the layer that contains the object selected”. You can only colour-code a container layer, not an object layer. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)