You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where'd My Plugins Go To … ?

Hello again to all … Yes it's me, back with Dumb Question Nr MMXX01(a). Yes, I should know this, but since I don't, I must perforce be asking. To begin:

When I was in the Happy Little World of Affinity Photo’s v. 1.9.2, all was sunny and bright and my Plug-ins were in the menu at the very bottom where they're available by clicking the little arrow tool which opens the menu. Imagine my shock, surprise, and horror (quelle horreur!) when I looked for my plugins after performing the 1.9.3 upgrade and learnt that … THEY'RE MISSING! What to do, what to do? Oh lawdy! My plugins have done gone a-missin' … can somebody he'p me!?

Jokingness aside, any and all thoughts about where the plugins may have gone or how they may be returned (with or without a ransom demand) will be appreciated. Thanks to all who help in the recovery process. Be sure to stay tuned for the Exciting Conclusion to our episode, and remember: Drink More Ovaltine!

Mac Pro (Mid-2010) G5, 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon i7; macOS ‘Sierra,’ 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5770; S271HL Acer Display (1920 x 1080); Affinity Designer, Photo, and Publisher 1.10.8, Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6, InDesign CS6, QuarkXpress 9.5.4.1, ON1 RAW 2020, Portrait Professional Studio64, Topaz Labs Suite, Nik Collection, LibreOffice; separate Western Digital external HDs for storage  

Proudly Wearing the Shame of ThoughtCrime …

1 hour ago, Dr_No said:

... my Plug-ins were in the menu at the very bottom where they're available by clicking the little arrow tool which opens the menu.

If you mean the Plugins submenu at the end of the AP Filter menu, at least for me there was no change after updating to 1.9.3.

To get your issue resolved it would probably help if you posted a screenshot of your Preferences > Photoshop Plugins window.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Good news of a sort is better than no news, yes … ? Back to ‘Old School’ and the find-and-connect method of establishing the Link Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken. Since then, the plug-ins are back in their nest making soft little coo-ing sounds whenever they're selected. It's almost as if one is waiting for the right time to say ‘Pick ME! Pick ME!’ …

Mac Pro (Mid-2010) G5, 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon i7; macOS ‘Sierra,’ 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5770; S271HL Acer Display (1920 x 1080); Affinity Designer, Photo, and Publisher 1.10.8, Photoshop CS6, Illustrator CS6, InDesign CS6, QuarkXpress 9.5.4.1, ON1 RAW 2020, Portrait Professional Studio64, Topaz Labs Suite, Nik Collection, LibreOffice; separate Western Digital external HDs for storage  

Proudly Wearing the Shame of ThoughtCrime …