You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, today i've been trying to get my UV printer working at work.
The printer is a mimaki, so I have to use mimaki software to print my affinity files. To do this, we must export our files as EPS.
Supposedly, Our printer uses colour swatches to override the EPS file, for example, we'd use a white swatch called "RawWhite" to print our white as a base layer. However, the swatches given to us is an .ai file and cannot be opened in photo or designer. I tried making a swatch of my own with the name "RawWhite" to run, however, the printer doesn't recognise this.

So what I am thinking is;
1. Possibly affinity doesnt export Swatch names when exporting as an EPS,
2. I need to maybe convert the .ai swatch file into something affinity can recognise.

If anyone could help this would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks

9 minutes ago, JackWinzar said:

Hello, today i've been trying to get my UV printer working at work.
The printer is a mimaki, so I have to use mimaki software to print my affinity files. To do this, we must export our files as EPS.
Supposedly, Our printer uses colour swatches to override the EPS file, for example, we'd use a white swatch called "RawWhite" to print our white as a base layer. However, the swatches given to us is an .ai file and cannot be opened in photo or designer. I tried making a swatch of my own with the name "RawWhite" to run, however, the printer doesn't recognise this.

So what I am thinking is;
1. Possibly affinity doesnt export Swatch names when exporting as an EPS,
2. I need to maybe convert the .ai swatch file into something affinity can recognise.

If anyone could help this would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks

Also, It might be worth mentioning I do have access to Adobe illustrator, just choose to use affinity software, so if there is a way i can export these swatches via illustrator this is also a possibility.

• Staff

Hi JackWinzar,

Welcome to the forums,

I'm not familiar with Mimmaki so I'm not sure if the following work around is suitable. You could apply the swatch to an object in .AI then export your document to a format such as PSD or PDF and open it in Affinity, then you can create a Swatch from the object that should work for your purposes in Affinity.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.