You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing 1 item in a bunch of layers

I have a template that now has  ~ 100 layers that consist of an image and a text title and a color background on the title.

Of course now I want to refresh and change the background color on the title on all the layers. 

I probably have to re-work my template but I know there must be a better way to do this without manually selecting the background color on each layer and then manually changing it?

Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated!

Thanks

19 minutes ago, mrbips said:

I probably have to re-work my template but I know there must be a better way to do this without manually selecting the background color on each layer and then manually changing it?

Make a Document Palette in the swatches and put in a swatch named Background Colour (if you have more than one colour you'll want to change make multiple swatches with numbers (or names)) Then you can just change the swatch's colour and it will update. You will of course have to re-save the template.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

23 minutes ago, mrbips said:

Of course now I want to refresh and change the background color on the title on all the layers. 

Which app?

and what is the "background color", a shape or a text frame colour or something else?

A sample document may help

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Look at the options...

Select > Select Same
Select > Select Object

To see if you have something unique that will just target the required rectangles

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Perfect! Select Same > Name (since all object in each layer has the same name, I am able to select them all right away (even if the layer is not activated) and it will select and I can change color as I need.

Thank you!