You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Content disappearing on reopening document, crash on resizing tables

Hi,

1.9.1 crashed on saving, now 1.9.2 crashes on resizing inline tables. Resizing them while they're floating works fine, so that's what I do, and then only do I cut&paste them inline. Additionally, on reopening my document two out of my four tables (that each occupied a page) have disappeared. One was invisible (supposedly because it was slightly too big for the page it was on, even though I had not toggled it invisible), and I was able to recover it by cut&paste, resize and "make inline" again. The other one does not exist anymore and all the content that came after it is simply gone. I inspected all the subsequent pages, they're totally empty ! That's several pages of work, gone ! Before noon, when I saved and closed Apu, everything looked fine. How can a file look fine on saving and then look different on reopening, with loss of information ? These problems have been going on for several months now and what I thought was stable quality software is turning out to be completely unreliable, has been making me miss deadlines too many times. I can't spend my time reporting bugs, uploading log files, I just can't. This is unbelievable really.

So right now my mindset is to go look for an alternative that's reliable. I don't need anything fancy, no bells and whistles, just that it works for what it's supposed to do. Obviously I don't have time to migrate now, so I'll have to put up with these issues, finds workarounds, walk this landmine until this particular job is done.

Cheers,

Hadrien

Get yourselves some quality control ! something is wrong with your development practice.

• Staff

Hi @Hadriscus,

I have an earlier version of your file from the issue you had in 1.9.1, I've resized a few inline tables on this file and not had a crash, could you let me know if it happens on any in line table for you, and if not let me know which pages I should look at to try reproduce this

It could also be worth uploading the latest version of your file here.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com