You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.4.1048

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

• Added 'Limit Initial Zoom to 100%' preferences option (defaulted to off) 
  • Fixed crash on document load when the OpenCLOn12 compatibility pack has been installed
  • Added hardware acceleration to Gradient Map adjustment
  • Fixed renaming a LUT preset to also change the name of the underlying ColourCubeRGB (so it manifests as expected in the LUT adjustment dialog)
  • Fixed F-number always showing in the UI as "f/0" for Leica M-series cameras (and likely others) 
  • Render EXIF exposure time as decimal (rather than fractional) if above one
  • Implemented GPOS Cursive rule (used by "Charis SIL" font)
  • Fixed PDF Export group opacity potentially being applied twice

Previous release notes

1- Talking Hardware Acceleration and drivers etc.

I'm planing to buy this GPU before end of 2021: GEFORCE GTX 1660 Ti 
Will it enable that feature on Affinity?

2- Hardware Acceleration seem to be sort of enabled by default when it is manually disabled on non supported devices, I hope this new build fixes it because it makes the app lag on stuffs it wasn't lagging before which is anoying and/or deal breaker as Affinity had the reputation of being lighter, fast and not resources demanding.

BTW I'm fetching this build now and will test it later in the day.
Blessings.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

13 minutes ago, Uncle Mez said:

1- Talking Hardware Acceleration and drivers etc.

I'm planing to buy this GPU before end of 2021: GEFORCE GTX 1660 Ti 
Will it enable that feature on Affinity?

2- Hardware Acceleration seem to be sort of enabled by default when it is manually disabled on non supported devices, I hope this new build fixes it because it makes the app lag on stuffs it wasn't lagging before which is anoying and/or deal breaker as Affinity had the reputation of being lighter, fast and not resources demanding.

BTW I'm fetching this build now and will test it later in the day.
Blessings.

I have 1660 Super. Graphics acceleration works under Windows 10.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

2 hours ago, Max N said:

I have 1660 Super. Graphics acceleration works under Windows 10.

Definitely that the one i will buy.
expect it to live another 4y or so ... i only can buy a GPU once every 5y ... no budget for Extras 

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

• Added 'Limit Initial

It works, but only on the first image. If you open a second (small) image it will still get zoomed to fullscreen.

There is also a noticeable "flash" effect as if the image was first @ full width and then rapidly resized to 100%. Can it be avoided?

8 hours ago, RichardMH said:

There's also a new NVIDIA studio driver 462.31 (Windows 10) that so far has improved stability with OpenCL acceleration on.

Nvidia has been added to Geforce Experience Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer and Affinity Publisher has not yet been added. In general, good news :-)

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

Hi Mark, I noticed that if you set Limit Initial Zoom to 100% to on you need to restart the application. Is this correct?

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

8 hours ago, Max N said:

Nvidia has been added to Geforce Experience Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer and Affinity Publisher has not yet been added. In general, good news :-)

That´s really good news and i believe that Publisher follows with the next Update. I use a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB and it works very well.

17 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

• Fixed crash on document load when the OpenCLOn12 compatibility pack has been installed
  • Added hardware acceleration to Gradient Map adjustment
  • Fixed renaming a LUT preset to also change the name of the underlying ColourCubeRGB (so it manifests as expected in the LUT adjustment dialog)
  • Fixed F-number always showing in the UI as "f/0" for Leica M-series cameras (and likely others) 
  • Render EXIF exposure time as decimal (rather than fractional) if above one
  • Implemented GPOS Cursive rule (used by "Charis SIL" font)
  • Fixed PDF Export group opacity potentially being applied twice

Previous release notes

Installation of the Software went without problems and both apps are running fast and stable and i i have a feeling that the apps are running from update to update a bit faster. Or am i wrong? 😉
Thumbs up Guys, well done 🙂

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:27 PM, LuBre said:

It works, but only on the first image. If you open a second (small) image it will still get zoomed to fullscreen.

I can confirm that only the first opened image is zoomed to 100%. Also, I suggest this option as a default option. What is the point of having a small image blown up to the entire display area? The first thing I always have to do is zoom the image to 100%.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 8:27 PM, LuBre said:
  • Added 'Limit Initial

There is also a noticeable "flash" effect as if the image was first @ full width and then rapidly resized to 100%. Can it be avoided?

That is a long needed feature. I hope that it's not only for the initial zoom, but all zooms by the program (i.e. not initiated by the user).

Right now, the zoom operates without asking the user on many occasions (returning from plugin, Affinity macro operation etc).

Thanks for working on it!

Most of us have overpowered computers for Affinity usage. 
I thought you needed a strong computer but boy was I wrong, 
Bought a laptop for 200$ used that has a Ryzen 5 2400 processor with a minimal graphics card (not even Geforce). and did not expect much of it. 

Booted up affinity Publisher and boom everything went smooth. Wow wonder if it can handle Designer I thought and proceeded to open a document with around 8000 objects. 
Then I tried to move 6328 objects at once and It could be done but lagged quite much compared to my desktop that went smoother. But it could be done!

So I learned that investing much money on a laptop for Affinity programs is a waste of money! I learned this the hard way so I will sell my gaming laptop and use this cheap one instead. 
Beware people, don't waste money when you can go cheap and do everything needed with the Affinity programs. 
If you are moving over 1000 objects at once in Designer everyday then you might consider getting a good laptop.