You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.3.5.5)

• Staff

Purpose: Features / Improvements / Fixes 

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

Please Note: We will do our utmost to fix anything that emerges as quickly as possible, but we just wanted you to understand that for production work we would recommend using the Mac App Store version until this beta has been validated for a few weeks.

Notable changes:

- New cameras supported in Develop Persona (list coming soon!)

- Ability to auto-align image stacks

- Live preview of stack operator change

- Overprint black and spot colours

- Fully support El Capitan split-view

- Fixed cycling of tool shortcuts

- Fixed international character input

- Improved PDF import/export

- Added user-adjustable controller ramps for brush variances

- Added recent fonts to dropdown

- Improved iCloud file syncing and merging

- Added cancel button to export progress panels

- Added Registration colour

- Improved file size of PSD export

- Updated help

- Fix for Ctrl-run up issues

- Numerous stability fixes

Congrats on the new beta guys. Been working on them for a bit. Here's a bug I found: try overlapping two Art text objects with Perspective Live filter applied on each one independently. Breaks the screen redraw in AP/AD

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

I tried the stack feature in the last iteration but could not use it with my raw images.  I needed to change it to tiff format.  Haven't tried this new update but hope that the stack feature will be useful with raw  I am using a sony alpha 7R 

Hi Tatiana,

The maximum dimension of PSD files is 30.000px.

Hi, MEB!
Thank you very much for the answer.
I asked because the size was in previous versions. The new beta version indicated that the size of the export file is changed in the PSD. Hence the question, why write "-Improved file size of PSD export"?
And I have a question, whether the Russian language?

Tatyana.

Tried the auto-align stack setting (scale, rotate & translate) with four astronomical images but it didn't do any alignment at all. Am I missing something?

I can align the images by hand, but it is tedious when rotations are needed as well as translations.

Tried the auto-align stack setting (scale, rotate & translate) with four astronomical images but it didn't do any alignment at all. Am I missing something?

I can align the images by hand, but it is tedious when rotations are needed as well as translations.

Further to the above, I tried the auto-align stack feature again with two images that I took specifically for the purpose. The 'Perspective' alignment worked well. The 'Translate, rotate & scale' setting attempted an alignment but without success. I tried two of the astronomical images again using the 'Perspective' setting but no alignment seemed to be attempted. The ability to align astronomical shots taken with an unguided telescope would be most useful. Could it be the nature of the image (it's the Pleiades) that is the problem?

Hi,

It seems that the international character input still isn't fixed well in this beta. For instance, it's not possible to type "Ě". The sign above is flipped, so "Ê" is shown instead. It's not even possible to paste the correct character from different app (text editor).

Could you please look into it..?

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

Hi Dave,

OMG, you're right... Francois One from Google web fonts is the culprit. Ě and Ř are badly designed.

Thank you for your time!

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

I tried the stack feature in the last iteration but could not use it with my raw images.  I needed to change it to tiff format.  Haven't tried this new update but hope that the stack feature will be useful with raw  I am using a sony alpha 7R 

Just downloaded the current beta and it still doesn't take RAW files, mine from a Canon 60D (.CR2 extension).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.