You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Logo png has grey outline on Export to PDF - Affinity Publisher

Hello!

Hope someone can help as I have tried so many different options and I'm losing the will to live - I'm at the point of resorting to MS Word!

I've had a look at other posts on similar issues but haven't found a solution that works for me. 

I've just started working on a magazine for Work, when I export as a PDF our logo (.png file) on the cover has a messy grey outline around it - I've tired all sorts of PDF export options for resolution, compression, turning include layers off etc. and it makes no difference.

I've just switched to Affinity Designer persona (whilst in Affinity Publisher) and exported the same document to PDF and the logo displays fine with no outline...

This isn't the first time I've had this problem, when I was working on our Annual Impact Report I managed to export it once with the logo displaying fine. Unfortunately I needed to make changes to it whilst at the Office and not on my home PC and couldn't remember the exporting settings I'd used originally - I have yet to get this document to export to PDF without the outline, no matter what I do. Not even switching to the Affinity Designer persona helps.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? 

Happy to upload the file if that helps.

Best wishes

Claire

image.png.fc17bc8d16c38ee1fb123625d2788fc9.png

Ok, I've had another mess around with the PDF export settings - if I change the colour space from RGB to CYMK and embed the ICC profile it seems to fix the problem for both documents.

Would still like to understand how the colour space settings would cause this - can somebody explain?

image.png.f2b39d99f395e5c673d0497c0071fa7b.png