You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everybody!

I’m quite a beginner to Affinity products (graphics at all) and I struggle with one thing: I want to achieve the result which is shown in this video.

As you see, its a PS workshop and I wonder if its possible to create this effect in Affinity. too. Does anybody knows how to do? Or is there any tutorial out in the internet which I haven’t found yet?

Thanks in advance!

Hans-Peter

I am sure there are various methods on how to achieve the results posted on the video Engraved Money Effect, one method suggested would be to use the following site https://www.photopea.com to achieve the engrave texture referred in the video, the site has a similar menus to Photoshop and the very basic features. 

NOTE: When you get to Pattern fill in the video instruction you linked to in Photopea In order to do the fill layer pattern go Layer> Fill Layer> Pattern Fill 

I have not personally gone through the entire tutorial you referred to step by step with Photopea, but in the past used the technique just to create the engrave pattern once, save it as an Asset in Affinity Photo to apply it to other projects.

This is doable in Affinity and in some respects simpler thanks to the pattern layer, fx filter and the use of the equations filter. 

One problem is the engrave pattern texture effect. In the video it's hard to see what the end result should look like as the guy fleetingly zooms in a bit but not enough to see.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Blow away Andy05 lol! nice work.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

14 minutes ago, jaedee said:

Attached is an Asset file of the resulting Engraving Texture from following the texturelabs.org tutorial. this video.

The Hardmix blend mode has to be applied for the best results according to texturelabs.org 

Engraving Pattern credit Texturelabs.org.afassets 462.76 kB · 2 downloads

Your asset, conveniently, already has the hard mix layer blend mode applied 😊 

Hi @jaedee Your asset gave a nice effect and the engrave pattern is there but it looks different to the video. I followed the tut in Adobe Photoshop CC and this is the result, see asset file attached at the bottom.

To compare see image below, yours is on the left and looks like it has transparency? The one I duplicated as per the video instructions is on the right, Screenshots are from Affinity Photo.
image.png.a520144b59fbe0e70e2266a1001fefd8.png

image.png.df2fed197a80f5489777fedc817b1289.png

Engrave texture from PS.afassets 

I quickly created the one I did on photopea.com to provide a free option, and at 3000 x 3000 resolution. 

But it appears I missed something, missed a step(s) and/or missed with the resolution 

Thanks again for the attachment