You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting for Print & To Vector Advice?

Hi all, just curious how many of you folks create designs on affinity designer and send them off to be printed? 

Have you ever run into issues with the printers not being able to open the files because they need the vector file and they use Adobe software? 

Do you usually just export as a PDF and that’s what works well normally? 

So far I’ve been using the program to create logos and some people have wanted the vector files and I’ve tried opening on Illustrator and things just get wonky. I tried exporting to EPS and SVG and anything in the FX Panel or basically beyond just strokes and fills does not translate well.  I love using affinity designer as a creative tool and soon I’ll be getting some of my designs printed on t-shirts and one design on some leather labels for a hat and am looking for advice on how to prepare the files best for the printing companies. Any and all tips and advice is welcome.

I do have a basic understanding of printing at 300dpi and in CMYK color format. 

Thank you for your time. Cheers :)

• Staff

@GreenLion Generally speaking most pro printers/print shops should accept PDF. As it's the most widely recognised format that can support both vector and raster based objects.  For exporting to SVG, EPS as a vector only file, some tools, features and options within the app can't be used such as Blend Modes, Layer Effects, Raster brushes etc.