You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Forum Upgraded 15th April, Please report any problems here

• Staff

These Affinity forums will be unavailable from around 6:00 am GMT on 15th April 2021.

The Affinity forums are being updated to the latest release version if Invision forums software 4.5.4.2, which has many fixes and some improvements over the existing (4.4.9.2) version.

The maintenance is expected to take up to 4 hours hours so we would expect them to be available again around 10:00 am 15th April. There will be significant visual differences this time, and you will certainly need to log back into the forums when they return.

The Affinity Team

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Good luck from me too. Hope it all goes smoothly.
I hope you’ve got a good set of stock answers ready for the inevitable “What’s going on?”, “Where has this gone?”, “How do I do this now?” and “How can I put things back the way they were?” types of posts. (After a quick look at the release notes I may need to post one or two of these myself.)

Hoping I remember password. :)

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Thanks for starting this while I'll be asleep, and finishing (we hope) just as I'm waking up. Excellent planning :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

8 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Thanks for starting this while I'll be asleep, and finishing (we hope) just as I'm waking up.

You'll miss all the fun. ;)

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

• Staff

As you can see the forums have now been updated. If you have any problems please report them in this thread below.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

55 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

the forums have now been updated

Great theme with less visual clutter. I like it!

55 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

If you have any problems please report them in this thread below.

When clicking Submit Reply, the page doesn't reload, stuck at "Saving…"
The post is apparently being saved, however.

El Capitan, Firefox 78.9.0esr (with quite a few "aggressively" set security filters and add-ons, but it worked flawlessly before the update)

~~~

Edit: worked now. D'oh…

Edited by loukash

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

On 4/13/2021 at 3:59 PM, Patrick Connor said:

you will certainly need to log back into the forums when they return.

Patrick, I got auto-loggedin directly after the update, no login dialog appeared.

But now I don't see an Edit button any more, just "Quote".
… though I get offered an "+ Add Tag" button at a topics title (… which now appears in a separate box above the topics text ).
… though here right above some minutes ago @loukash apparently was able to edit a post.

Any idea how to solve it?

EDIT: solved & sorry: Just found the missed button in the pulldown menu:

1734927549_forumupdatemenueditbutton.jpg.84f7834dd9284ebd4a75d8483ba24e4d.jpg

Edited by thomaso

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

15 minutes ago, thomaso said:

But now I don't see an Edit button any more, just "Quote".

Look for the "..." icon (upper-right area of the post on my screen).

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• Staff
58 minutes ago, loukash said:

When clicking Submit Reply, the page doesn't reload, stuck at "Saving…"
The post is apparently being saved, however.

(...)

Edit: worked now. D'oh…

FWIW this happened with my first post on mobile since the upgrade but I have not had any further issues with this since - though I will continue to monitor this so please do let me know if any other posts are caught in 'Saving' :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I guess this cannot be changed, but I wanted to type lately 3 (of 8 ) - without the extra space before the closing parenthesis - which gave me 3 (of 😎

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

4 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

I guess this cannot be changed, but I wanted to type lately 3 (of 8 ) - without the extra space before the closing parenthesis - which gave me 3 (of 😎

It works if you type "3 (of 8 ) " (note the trailing space) and then delete the space before the ")".

Edit: No, not always. Must test that further...

-- Walt
PC:

5 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Sure? :D

I was fooled by the Preview function, where it worked.

Too bad the Preview doesn't accurately show what will actually be posted.

What does work, so far, is putting a  punctuation mark after the ")". So far I've tried "." and ",".

3 (of 8).
3 (of 8),

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff

I have turned OFF "Replace text with emoji"  :) 3 (of 8) these are DTP forums and (8) and :) are important and you can still use emoji if you want 😉

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

the engineer who upgraded the forums (starting this morning at 6am) has stopped for the day, but we can ask him to change the styling on hyperlinks. I prefer something more obvious too, as they are always included for a good reason, (and it makes spam links easier to spot too)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Looks nice, thanks 🙏 

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.