You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Old still unfixed bug?

Hi all,
I have contacted support last year about a problem I have with the export persona in Designer and it still won't work today. I have also tried to recontact them over email but got no answer probably because WFH. So I decided to write here.email.thumb.png.32e84a0dbf7f805a91c05eef9cf85169.png

Basically the problem is that I can't seem to use the export persona for anything else but iCloud and iPad. All other options are greyed out and no matter what I do (Reauthorize through Files App, logout and login again, etc.) I cannot choose any other save location but iPad or iCloud.export.thumb.png.2c9bf9a1d135e44693ec9b6fa161cbad.png

Does anyone know what the Problem might be? I have also switched iPad to make sure it was not an OS corruption Problem, the bug still persists. I cannot take the solution of first exporting to iPad and then moving my files anymore as it destroys my workflow.

Would be nice if anyone knows a solution to this.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ok, so as soon as I posted this, I got an answer from Affinity.

Quoting the email down here:

Hi shrtcrct,

I'm afraid It's still an outstanding issue with our developers as it relates to how the export persona can export to multiple files. I'll bump the log to see if it gets any new updates.

Many thanks,
xxx @ Affinity Support

So yeah, apparently nobody needs the export persona to export directly to other services? Is it such a niche functionality?

If anyone has an idea on how to maybe workaround this, please let me know. 🤔

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @shrtcrct,

Our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we're currently working through a backlog of tickets, so many thanks for your patience and understanding.

I can confirm this is still an ongoing bug report with our developers. From the report the latest information I can provide is;

This is not an issue we can fix, this is an iOS issue.

iPadOS has "fixed it" by greying out any third party drive that haven't supported their API completely. This requires the third party to support the Files API properly.

Unfortunately there's no further information I can provide at this time, though I have 'bumped' the development log once more and updated it to include the Affinity latest versions, to ensure our developers are aware this issue is still present.

My apologies I cannot provide a better response for you at this time.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!