You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scrolling Chaos.

Affinity Publisher 1.9.2 on my 2019 5K Retina iMac with 64 GIGs of RAM, running Big Sur 11.2.3 is hugely deficient when trying to scroll through a large document. I am working on a 2000 page document. When any attempt is made to scroll through from one page to the next you could end up on page 200 from page 5 then page 66. When you scroll there is total randomness in the page numbers that appear. They might be sequential then again they may appear random. Unfortunately this app very fine app lacks this basic functionality (I am baffled why it does not) of being able to scroll through a document by simply pressing on the Arrow Keys on the Keyboard or by pressing the Spacebar as so many other PDF/Document readers can ie: PDFpen Pro, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, PDF Expert and so many more. I would upload my document for testing but it is almost 14 megs in size and too large for this site. I would be more than willing to upload via WeTransfer should anyone want to out this document to validate my concerns.

Hi @JMT just read this and I thought this tip might help you for now. I tend to work on long files too and I prefer to use a keyboard shortcut for 'Go to pages'. Just a handy tip not sure if you knew it but I prefer this in my workflow. 

Of course still upload the file to @SPaceBar and let us have a look. 

Head to File > Preference > Keyboard Shortcuts. 

On the second dropdown highlighted in the Screen Shot, drop down to Document. 

I've set my shortcut as Option+J as its what I'm used to but you could put anything in. 

Hope this helps for now like I said. 

Kind thanks, Emily 
Product Expert - Affinity Publisher

Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 09.55.43.png