You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 hours ago, iconoclast said:

During the last years I met a lot of people who had strange ideas of what PDF files are for and what to do with it. Some seem to think that existing PDF files could be a nice and cheap source to extract images and/or text from it (or even fonts) - without even thinking about copyrights and that there are possibly some adjustments made that could make the images and text useless for what they want it for, and so on. Some people even seem to think that PDF is the universal file format to save everything. As a kind of storage format or so. I always tell them then that PDF was primordial made to create printready layout documents that are not meant to be processed or to extract something from it. That was in the beginning one of the big qualities of this file format, because it was a reliable format for both sides - designers and printers - that even prevents them from legal controversies about damaged print-jobs. And even if I advise them to catch up some informations about PDF by themselves (for example from Wikipedia), they obviously prefered to shoot the messenger. So I'll better be quiet. 😄

I just would like to use them as "easily openable single file gfx albums".

Why on earth do you want to put that much PNG's in a PDF?

It sounds like you simply want to store them and that is not what the PDF format is for.

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Intel Core i7-4770 3.40Ghz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
  • Samsung EVO 850 SSD

1 hour ago, slizgi said:

But you will agree that is kind of a lot of steps and clicking

Sure. If you want to do this in Affinity, that's a possible workflow how you can.

1 hour ago, slizgi said:

iOS back when they still have headphone jack RIP

They will pry my iPhone SE (gen 1) from my cold, dead hands! :D

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

3 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

On Windows. choose the files, right click Print, then choose Microsoft Print to PDF as the printer, select the paper size, and then pick the layout:

pdfcollage.jpg.16e0bca6a9552e74cf5a64e3b38f4e0c.jpg

I know this :) It bothered me of limited settings of how it is placed or scaled on the page, so no. After all Photoshop automate work fine, but it turned out I already have a better solution - small paid program - Light Image Resizer. Already using it to resize hundreds of textures for the project. It turned out it has PDF combine feature so, best and fastest solution after all of what I have, and is not Adobe.