You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Yes, another clone question

Hi,

loving Affinity so far but I'm finding one aspect tricky.

I want to create pictures like the ones on my gallery here http://isthisthingonpodcast.com/gallery/ and the ones attached. 

I understand that I need to chose the source but I need to have two images open at the same time, this is where I am having difficulty. When I open one image, the other one closes, if I click and drag one image file into an open image I can't clone from it or adjust the size of it. 

I have come from using Photoshop where I could simply open two files, adjust the sizes accordingly then "paint" the face from one to the other. 

I have tried a few variations of locking and unlocking, layers etc but no joy.

Any ideas?

post-19953-0-00500000-1444900194_thumb.jpg

post-19953-0-26403500-1444900226_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi NickTann,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To resize an image (a layer actually, not the document), select the Move Tool click on the image and drag one of the bounding box corners (pressing ⇧ (shift) will allow you to scale it non-proportionatelly).

To clone from a layer to another one, make sure the source layer is below the target layer in the Layers panel, change to the Clone Brush Tool, go to the context toolbar and set the dropdown near the Aligned checkbox to Layers Beneath, then select the target layer and start painting. To define the clone source area (the area from where the Clone Brush will copy) press ⌥ (option/alt) and click on the canvas.

• 2 weeks later...