You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Have a black only file, have to make a cover of a book from elements from a bastard title an ISBN number, plus one line of type and spine.

Dropping in the pdf is no problem, lays out nicely. Export to PDF and it's not black but a build. 

The PDF is from word, but is black, K. 

Also the fonts rendered wrong. 

This is getting frustrating. I want this to work as it ought, not changing the color of a PDF, just let it be what it is.

Any ideas?

1 minute ago, Rodi said:

Dropping in the pdf is no problem

Not at all sure what you are wanting but I have to ask if the Publisher/Designer/Photo document you have is in Greyscale or RGB or CMYK.

In which application are "the fonts rendered wrong", the Affinity Application is it in the Placed / Dropped in PDF or in the Exported PDF? Which fonts and are they present and enabled on your system.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Exported PDF was all wrong, don't have the fonts just trying to make an existing pdf from client to work correctly. It seems to me the issue is in adding pdf multiple times for proper panels. I do this this no problem in so many other page layout programs.

Funny enough another job that I do regularly came out beautiful, 2 color job that I remove some items move others. Fortunately that job comes in with font's outlined. 

Before 1.91 there were really  no issues as far as me exporting files with black type processing, spot colors processing. I know it's a work in progress, but in the heat of the moment I sometimes have to ditch AP for ID, which drives me nuts too!