You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

+1 aussi  pour un outil de cotation  l'un des principaux facteurs qui ne me fait pas quitter Illustrator c'est Cadtool de hotdoor justement et un outil de cotation directement intégré à Publisher ou designer serait juste extraordinaire !!! 

Edited by Lu topie

• 2 weeks later...

Dimension tool is not a priority (but I would be happy to have this tool…).

We really need things impossible to do actually with actual tools.

Can you deform easily an object or text ? Impossible

Can you blend two different shapes in a gradient ? Impossible

Can you create vector patterns ? Impossible

Can you transform a pixel picture in vectors ? Impossible

Can you add dimensions ? Yes. I know that it's a bit painful but you can. And it's more easy now with the End & Start options.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a chartered architect and I would love to use Affinity Designer (which I have purchased) but I find it is completely useless to me as I cannot set a drawing scale, such as 1 to 50 or 1 to 200, and then have a dimension tool where I can pick up (click on) a couple of points in a drawing and have a dimension line appear with the relevant dimension set to the scale I am currently working on. 

We of course use tools such as AutoCAD but for colourful client's initial design plans and elevations I have had to revert back to CorelDraw where I can set the scale of the drawing and then dimension within it to that set scale. I have shown Affinity to a number of architectural colleagues and we all think it has great potential and we would use it, but cannot without a simple set to scale drawing ability. Even better, if the Affinity team could make it so that we can set different areas of the drawing to different scales then it would finally beat CorelDRAW hands down.

Sadly the years roll-by with no apparent take-up by the design team to remedy this clearly widely requested ability. To do so would, as Roger has just suggested, take Affinity Designer to a status above that of CorelDRAW. I sincerely hope the designers finally take this on-board and thus lay this shortfall to rest, once and for all.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

+1 for the dimension tool.

I'm transitioning (well, looking to) from CorelDraw. The fundamental impression one gets for AD is that is it intended for illustration work. There are so many great examples of what it can do in that direction. What is missing is the attention to drawing where print/web is NOT the end result. There are so many aspects of design that are not part of the 'output to a rectangle' format too. So why do we have to have a page defined? CorelDraw is able to work seamlessly without displaying a page, meaning small architectural drawings can be drawn at real world scale. And with an efficient application why not a drawing 100m in size ? The focus on paper size needs to be removed since paper isn't always involved in the end result.

Once you grasp the concept of output to other than a rectangular print/web format then dimensions become an essential part of the workflow.

3 hours ago, Hywel Harris said:

So why do we have to have a page defined?

Hi @Hywel Harris,

in AD you are not limited to pages. Alternatively you can use artboards and they can have any size and even any shape. Create a circle and with the artboard tool turn it into an artboard.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 1 month later...

+1 Please.

I was formerly both an Adobe and Corel user, but now migrated all the workflow into Affinity. It will such a great help if it provided the dynamic dimension tools. It's such a pain to input and edit the dimension text manually. Especially if the work need many details on the dimension.

Yes, we 100% require a dimension tool.  I still find myself having to go back to Drawplus to produce dimensioned drawings, which is an absolute chore.  Please Affinity development team - I'm sure there is lots of other users like us who spend our lives marking up site plans, designing systems, drawing building layouts on a daily basis. 

Affinity Designer helps me produce quality documents which are streets ahead of my competitors - but it's such a pain not being able to do a simple scaled drawing.

Could you please advise whether this is actually on your product roadmap - or not?

I totally agree. Not having auto dimensioning is the one feature that prevents me from using and fully embracing AD on a regular basis. A whole bunch of colleagues and friends echo my sentiments. It's been almost six years since this request was first made. I wish we could get a definitive response from the Affinity team so some of us can either wait for its development or move on. Just let your faithful users know, okay?

• 8 months later...

Hi Development Team, the collective request from so many of your loyal user base should I hope justify providing the dimensioning tools that have been asked for, since almost day one of this otherwise excellent application. It seems such a shame that this feature request has been unanswered for so long.

• 4 weeks later...

Another vote for a dimensioning tool. I design stage sets and it is essential to be able to label lines etc with dimensions and/or a text label. At the moment I have to use Graphic but would like to be able to switch to AD for all my projects.

• 3 weeks later...