You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Healing brush BUG or ?

Mucka

hi all ,

can someone plz let me know why my healing tool is getting black every time??! 

if i hold some some time it will get darker and darker and when release it turns black ! 

also i set my brush to 100% hardness but still im getting soft/halo effect every time ! 

is it a BUG or ...?

(mac air m1 chip, ios 11.2.3 affinity photo latest version)

i did reinstall but same issue ...

thank you 

Screen_Shot_2021-04-08_at_12_55.06_PM.png

• Staff

Hey Mucka,

Are you  just dragging the mouse over and over on the same patch?

The healing brush at 100% Hardness will not be like the Paint Brush Tool at 100% - I believe there should always be some tethering at the outer edges.

What are you trying to achieve? Perhaps the Healing Brush Tool isn't the right tool here - if we can understand what you're trying to do we might be able to recommend an alternative tool such as the Inpainting Tool.

23 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey Mucka,

Are you  just dragging the mouse over and over on the same patch?

The healing brush at 100% Hardness will not be like the Paint Brush Tool at 100% - I believe there should always be some tethering at the outer edges.

What are you trying to achieve? Perhaps the Healing Brush Tool isn't the right tool here - if we can understand what you're trying to do we might be able to recommend an alternative tool such as the Inpainting Tool.

Hi Chris,

im a textile designer and trying to make a pattern. Depending on designs i use different tools to fill up the gaps (after affine tool used) 

the issue is even inpainting is not working well (gives blurred edge where it tries to blend with foreground...) 

“sometimes” the inpainting works perfect but here i need to use healing brush to copy from different parts so the final pattern looks it made of different flowers and not copy paste repeated pattern. 
in general the healing tools not really giving me satisfaction always and seems to work sometimes! 
I completely depend on affinity now as I canceled my subscription to adobe 

• 2 weeks later...